Bloodydecks fishing report

Red Drum

David friggin' whacked the heck out of those White Sea Bass. I need to seriously take a trip down to RP.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Geez. now the place will be overrun with BloodyDeckers... wait, I'm a BloodyDecker!

/me is in Orlando next week, or I'd be heading down. Will get my boat maintenance finished up this weekend and (hopefully) be down for the grouper tourney. If not, maybe the following week.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
That's a nice load of WSB... and taken on iron to boot.

I've got some new 10 ounce mackeral pattern sling jigs I've been wanting to drop over the gunwale (a larger version of the same jig that I got bit and spooled on just south of the Widow Makers last month) - this time it will be tied to 60 pound mono instead of 17...

May14 is looking like the next open window for me, and I have the 14th to the 18th free- hopefully the winds will be mellow enough to let me get out of port one or more of those days... I'll be watching bouyweather like a hawk between now and then.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Hey Dan, which fish do you think is a Totuaba?

I looked at all the pictures in the BloodyDecks thread again and all of them looked like White Seabass to me- I didn't see any rounded tails or mottled spots on any of those fish.

Red Drum

I'm sure he released it. Someday soon they will be legal.
I ate that fish. It was a White Sea Bass that I caught at Pyramid Cove at San Clemente Island. I've never caught a Totuaba and I've never fished the upper Sea of Cortez. Hopefully someday soon. HOOK-UP!!