Boomer Fest 2013

AZ ROB

Sounds like a great day to park the boat off the shore and just listen to the music... But wait the beaches are public by Mexican law so how are they going to keep people off the beach?

A

AZ Miguel

So if I'm a legal resident I get half off, but I'll have to pay full price if I'm not? I like the concept but is it safe to go to Rocky Point with all that rain? :razz:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Why doesnt the city start to focus on appeal before gathering a mass of first time visitors?! Let's start by painting graffiti, picking up trash and tearing down all this damn rusted chain link fencing. It's amazing that nobody takes pride in the city but everyone wants people to see it. Seriously, think objectively, what would you think if you were a first time visitor? Broken boat that sat there for 7 months, rusted out chain link fencing bend over and overall just looking like absolute sh!t, graffitti and trash everywhere. Hire some people, pay them the highway robbery mexican wage of 10 pesos/day to walk around cleaning sh!t up. When I bring people down for the first time I have to do way to much explaining, some might even call it BULLSH!ting. Trying to sell people on how nice this place is, on how much we love it, we do love it but the place looks like hell right now, especially over by the resorts!

I would love for this event to be as advertised. Rocky Point needs some high profile events to keep tourism active and growing. That said is it reasonable that anyone would drive to a foreign country and spend 10 times the price of a single concert to see some of these acts in the desert? Most of the proposed acts are actively touring the U.S. and can be seen in air conditioned comfort at an arena or state fair without driving 4 hours or crossing an international border. The touring industry is in the dumps with many acts having to play to smaller venues because of low demand. When your pricing is far above established festivals such as Coachella ($349.00 2-day pass / $750.00 2-day VIP) and Lallapalooza ($230.00 3-day pass / $1050.00 3-day VIP), the organizers have a very large uphill battle to pull this off. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this become reality, I just think they are over-reaching for a first time event. What Rocky Point does NOT need is to be in the national spotlight for an event that never comes together.

Roberto

Henry A. Altman | LinkedIn Roberto, you asked about La Frontera Oasis. The guy, Henry Altman, putting on the show ( Boomerfest ) owns it. It sounds like it might be in the ejido Tobiyori, just south of El Golfo.
Been awhile since I've been up that way but I seem to recall that area was pretty much up and down country or estuary? Unless it bumps right up to El Golfo. Weren't there a lot of Ejido problems in that area no too long ago? What do you know Carnac ? Thanks for the info, I was and still am curious.

Jerry ought to like this guy he's in the Stand Up Paddleboarding stuff !!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Been awhile since I've been up that way but I seem to recall that area was pretty much up and down country or estuary? Unless it bumps right up to El Golfo. Weren't there a lot of Ejido problems in that area no too long ago? What do you know Carnac ? Thanks for the info, I was and still am curious.

Jerry ought to like this guy he's in the Stand Up Paddleboarding stuff !!
Hajirobertobab, it is all up and down(I mean as in cliffs) after you leave El Golfo. I have been thru El Golfo a few times in the last couple months and have'nt seen any development at all. This seems hokey, like a few years ago when Jimmy Buffet was supposed to put on a show in San Felipe, or when I lived in Mexicali and the Kevin Costner, Robin Hood movie hit the theaters in the U.S. so the theater in Mexicali had Robin Hood on the billboard outside the theater, so I told Fabi "lets go see it" It was Robin Hood alright, but I think the star of the movie they were showing was Erroll Flynn. it was from the 50's or 60's, I didn't get to see the movie we left. May a love starved fruit fly invade your sister's nectarines. The acts will all need work papers here, and by the time Hacienda gets done wacking they're pay with a huge income tax, they might wish they had'nt signed to play. When I won the money fishing in the Bisbee Black and Blue, they wacked me for over a third and they dont care about your expenses. Hacienda will make the promoter pay the tax, before any money leaves the country I'm sure, unless they take care of it in the states. There has'nt been any development yet in El Golfo because of what you mentioned, all that have tried have been screwed out they're money. Also in Lopez, we are what is called the shock absorber for the Pinacate reserve and they try to limit what we do out there, a little, but El Golfo is a different story, I think a huge development may not fly in that part of the Reserve. In Lopez, years ago the reserve told us they didnt want any hotels or monster size houses or businesses.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Why doesnt the city start to focus on appeal before gathering a mass of first time visitors?! Let's start by painting graffiti, picking up trash and tearing down all this damn rusted chain link fencing. It's amazing that nobody takes pride in the city but everyone wants people to see it. Seriously, think objectively, what would you think if you were a first time visitor? Broken boat that sat there for 7 months, rusted out chain link fencing bend over and overall just looking like absolute sh!t, graffitti and trash everywhere. Hire some people, pay them the highway robbery mexican wage of 10 pesos/day to walk around cleaning sh!t up. When I bring people down for the first time I have to do way to much explaining, some might even call it BULLSH!ting. Trying to sell people on how nice this place is, on how much we love it, we do love it but the place looks like hell right now, especially over by the resorts!
They have'nt been able to pay the city workers for over a month now, there were 100 or so in front of the muni office the other day and into the night. They are broke.(the City). There was a newspaper article a week ago that said the city was 300,000,000.00 in debt. 300 million pesos.CODIGO07.COM - Heredará Ayuntamiento de Puerto Peñasco deuda por 300 mdp

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
They have'nt been able to pay the city workers for over a month now, there were 100 or so in front of the muni office the other day and into the night. They are broke.(the City). There was a newspaper article a week ago that said the city was 300,000,000.00 in debt. 300 million pesos.CODIGO07.COM - Heredará Ayuntamiento de Puerto Peñasco deuda por 300 mdp
So does this mean when I come down I can hire 5 locals to pick **** up for 8 + hours for $35? It honestly might be worth it, and Im broke! How does the city collect income? Sales tax? Income tax? Bed tax?