BoomerFest Update

playaperro

El Pirata
Last edited:
So I geting that the general consensus is that the festival is never going to happen as adverstised...I mean even their own, Boomerfest maps show the venue located in the ungraded section north of the Reef RV park. There is is not a chance in hell that they will have that site ready for what they planned.

So my question is what happens to all the money this shady promoter collects if he doesn't deliver? I seriously doubt he selling many tickets at the ridiculous price of $250+, but with the radio and billboard ads, he's going to be selling some.

This guy lives in Texas, the event is in Mexico...I wish luck to the suckers that bought any tickets and tries to get a refund if this event doesnt happen.

Check the list of winners. You can do a search on their names and look to see if they have a FB page. My thinking is if they are legit winners, they would be posting all over that they won tics to BoomerFest.
Just sayin'

flicks

You know Todd. I looked at the names of the recent winners. I didn't see any post about winning tickets ..o_O

Ya.. you'd think that at least one of them would have a FB. Following the BF page.
Its not like spend my day lurking. Just random checks

Roberto

So my question is what happens to all the money this shady promoter collects if he doesn't deliver? .
GONE !!

Same sales technique as the last condo sales here. Pieces of paper, pretty photos, fancy internet site, lots of hype and hot air with no accountability possible. The advertising in the states makes it look viable but I'll bet no cash changes hands for the electronic stuff, all trade. you know no one is going to put up the $100K or more needed to prepare this site properly, staff salaries, deposits, hire security, etc. etc. Anyone know if the bands require any cash security to commit to an event? I guess if you have not had a gig for 5 years you'll sign for free !! It's a little bothersome that a group that is well know locally would lend their name to this mess.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Just out of curiosity, I went to several of the "signed acts" websites, or googled for their tour calendars. Styx shows the date as Puerto Penasco. So does the Edgar Winter Group. One had a link to the BF site to purchase tickets. So, if the whole BF thing is a ruse, it's an elaborate one and some effort/commitment was made to/by said bands I searched.

We are currently counting down at one month to this event and (to the best of my knowledge), the beach is still just that -- the beach. We're talking Mexico here. Fences should already be going up, sites being laid out, etc., etc. Not like you can call "Rent-a-Center" in Mexico and say "I've got a party for 10,000 planned for next weekend, can y'all come set that up for me?" We'll see, I guess.

I'm surprised no one from BF has posted so much as a peep here, officially or otherwise. They must not like me/us.

Yes...it does have to make you wonder if the bands show a date on their website, then it must be true?
To me, Styx does not seem as the type of band that would agree to do this type of show. And if they did, they would want some $$ up front.

playaperro

El Pirata
Ever get that foot peg repaired properly ??
Yeah I got it fixed at the chop shop on josefa right after the R/R crossing going north, Thanks for your help, like I said amigo rock & roll, in oct. harley's in nov. & cruise ships in dec-stay away from the chilangro's, they don't like anything about sonora, especially furniture, let them choke on cilantro...

Here is what KSLX is giving away.
http://kslx.com/boomer-fest-days-beach-vacation/
They are doing a condo stay. So when you are on the KSLX page, click where it says condo accommodations.
It take you to BFD site to their Lodging packages. Search under GA packages "book 'em". they are referred to as nice crash pads.
Zero availability on all searches. Find that hard to believe. That would mean a LOT of bookings.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
The art of getting a lot for not much out of pocket...
1. tell hotels that you need a commitment of so many condos for your 'event'. The hotel will place a hold on these units.
2. tell the hotel that you need so many comped rooms for booking so many units.

I am surprised that hotels in the area would agree to 'hold' units during a time of month that is actually busy (fall break, weather, events in penasco). I hope they are not made to look like fools.
Another tactic used to fool people is the # of followers they have on their facebook page. One can easily buy followers and create a sense that this event is the place to be.

Yes...it does have to make you wonder if the bands show a date on their website, then it must be true?
To me, Styx does not seem as the type of band that would agree to do this type of show. And if they did, they would want some $$ up front.
Im sure that these bands have contracts to play at Boomerfest. But what happens when they show up,and this festival is no where close to what was promoted? These bands are only going to perform if they get paid by the promoter before the go on stage...and I seriously doubt this promoter is going to have enough money from the ticket sales to pay these guys.

Here is my prediction on what Boomerfest is going to look like. There is going to be a hastily set up stage and viewing area. The "Wine and Food" festival is going to be a few taco stands and a Tecate tent. There is not gonna be any new camping, roads or RV spots and parking to going to be a free for all for the 500- 1000 people that is going to show. The bands are going to arrive and see that the festival is not what was promised and that the promoter is no where to be found with their money. Most of the acts are going to split, but I betting Roger Clyne is going to perform to prevent a riot.

I hope I'm wrong and this thing happens as planned and that 1000's and 1000's show up. But I'm not betting on that.

ben21

Most acts will make the promoter pay to fly them out as well, so I doubt they would show up and then bail. If this is not happening, we'll know very soon. Somebody should keep tabs on which performers have it listed on their websites, and then track if it disappears.

Landshark

Most acts will make the promoter pay to fly them out as well, so I doubt they would show up and then bail. If this is not happening, we'll know very soon. Somebody should keep tabs on which performers have it listed on their websites, and then track if it disappears.
Everybody is still showing BF on their schedule except for Dave Mason, Christopher Cross, Big Brother, & Javier Baitiz. I really hope this thing happens for everybody's sake.

marybna

I had a call from a renter that told me her friends have bought ticket and were now looking for a place to stay. My condo is bocked that week. I am having it painted. Nothin about here in Tucson but alot of noise in PHX about it.

The "Wine and Food" festival is going to be a few taco stands and a Tecate tent. There is not gonna be any new camping, roads or RV spots and parking to going to be a free for all for the 500- 1000 people that is going to show. The bands are going to arrive and see that the festival is not what was promised and that the promoter is no where to be found with their money. Most of the acts are going to split, but I betting Roger Clyne is going to perform to prevent a riot.

I hope I'm wrong and this thing happens as planned and that 1000's and 1000's show up. But I'm not betting on that.
Probably why they booked RC in the first place. He'd never say no as long as there wasn't a date conflict.
Loved your comment on the Wine and Food tent.
What more do you need than tacos and Tecate anyway. :)