BoomerFest Update

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Thanks Jerry you just took me back to being a kid riding in the old Datsun pick up truck with my dad in North Phoenix......I love it.

Armando, the owner of the Lighthouse restaurant, was a very successful music arranger for a long time. Worked with a lot of famous people. He once worked in that capacity for Herb Alpert.

jerry

Armando, the owner of the Lighthouse restaurant, was a very successful music arranger for a long time. Worked with a lot of famous people. He once worked in that capacity for Herb Alpert.
Herb Alpert was the A in A&M Records....in fact he founded it.

So I was on the site [FONT=Droid Sans, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]www.boomerfestdays.com. Looks the same as it did when this all started.[/FONT]
[FONT=Droid Sans, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]One question. Where and when was this picture taken? Is it from a past event in RP. [/FONT]
[FONT=Droid Sans, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]If this turns out to be all they say it is, expect a LONG wait at the boarder both ways.[/FONT]
[FONT=Droid Sans, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]It would be great for their economy, but too many people. Can you imaging the wake of trash it would leave behind?
Can the city sewer system handle that much?
[/FONT]
Boomer Fest Days Crowd.jpg

Roberto

Ok just got out of a very important meeting. This information was provided by insider individuals who are not authorized to release the information so they cannot be identified. It's a very unfortunate set of circumstances requiring this action but understandable at the same time. Many great events in history have been influenced by unforseen circumstances, creating confusion and yes on occasion ill will. We have to look beyond these circumstances with hope for the future. Hope that our children will not have to experience the desolation we feel today. Hope that things will be better in the future and these unfortunate circumstances will not repeat themselves. Therefore we must remain vigilent to prevent future occurances. This responsibility rests heavily on some but must be shared by all. A responsibility to look to the future with hope and a strong spirit. Humans are a strong species, able to withstand terrible circumstances. War, disease , pestilence have run rampant and this event will go down in history. After a meeing of participants the decision has been made to cancel the Hand Jive contest that was announced to be an important part of the Boomerfest Concert of 2014.. Yes, many will be disappointed but we will get over it soon.

AZRob

Ok just got out of a very important meeting. This information was provided by insider individuals who are not authorized to release the information so they cannot be identified. It's a very unfortunate set of circumstances requiring this action but understandable at the same time. Many great events in history have been influenced by unforseen circumstances, creating confusion and yes on occasion ill will. We have to look beyond these circumstances with hope for the future. Hope that our children will not have to experience the desolation we feel today. Hope that things will be better in the future and these unfortunate circumstances will not repeat themselves. Therefore we must remain vigilent to prevent future occurances. This responsibility rests heavily on some but must be shared by all. A responsibility to look to the future with hope and a strong spirit. Humans are a strong species, able to withstand terrible circumstances. War, disease , pestilence have run rampant and this event will go down in history. After a meeing of participants the decision has been made to cancel the Hand Jive contest that was announced to be an important part of the Boomerfest Concert of 2014.. Yes, many will be disappointed but we will get over it soon.
2014 or 2013?

AZRob

So I was on the site www.boomerfestdays.com. Looks the same as it did when this all started.
One question. Where and when was this picture taken? Is it from a past event in RP.
If this turns out to be all they say it is, expect a LONG wait at the boarder both ways.
It would be great for their economy, but too many people. Can you imaging the wake of trash it would leave behind?
Can the city sewer system handle that much?

View attachment 6352
Wow, I didn't think about that. All those loafs would cause big troubles in those pipes.

AZRob

I got my mouth harp clean and my spoons shined. I'm ready to rock n roll. I'm good for a couple of sets. :cluck: