Bootiful Halloweenie

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Been better, been worse. Great weekend so far with a full fishbox today.

What's not to love, other than the #%^^*( gas prices right now.

Still worth every penny sitting at Sky and watching the sun rise.... and set over Baja.

All the years, rolled up into this weekend, wouldn't trade it for a spot in heaven
I'm already here.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Been better, been worse. Great weekend so far with a full fishbox today.

What's not to love, other than the #%^^*( gas prices right now.

Still worth every penny sitting at Sky and watching the sun rise.... and set over Baja.

All the years, rolled up into this weekend, wouldn't trade it for a spot in heaven
I'm already here.
Stuart! Where you'd go? PM me if you can. Sitting here writing from Pinto Point. We're heading out tomorrow! Wind report seems to be shaping up nicely. Wind laid down when it was supposed to and now tomorrow looks like it's going to be like it says, 8-10 out of the South.

I wanted to try the "DUNES" spot but may just settle for 12, 14 or I don't know... How do I choose my reef?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
We went north near the 22. We didn't go out yesterday because it was blowing pretty good. Today doesn't look too bad.

Always pick the reef that will beat you and the boat up the least!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We went north near the 22. We didn't go out yesterday because it was blowing pretty good. Today doesn't look too bad.

Always pick the reef that will beat you and the boat up the least!
Starting to learn that. We actually launched out of Safe Marina Monday morning. The water looked nice at sunrise but we were on the water at 745am and as soon as we got out of the harbor it was 4ft rollers coming from southeast to NW across the point. We caught a bunch of Candy Macks in between point restaurant and a moored shrimp boat to the west. Tried to get us out to the 16-180 but about 1.5 miles short we put the boat into neutral to see how the feeling was going to be. It wasn't going to be fun. 4 ft seas and although it was starting to cap a bit it wasn't dangerous by any means but NOT FUN. We ran back inside to a few inshore spots before finally heading to Tucson Beach to anchor and get out of the wind. We trolled Pelican Point to Jetty and hooked up with one small 20" Orange Mouth Corvina right at Pinto Point. Aside from that. It was a complete FAIL!!!!

Waiting to get a calm day so I can finally get out to the 22 or "Dunes" area. It's a whole saga right now in CB. Villa is not happy with me right now so we're using Jippy and he couldn't launch us so we went to SM which was actually really nice and easy but I didn't want to run the additional 12 miles round trip to get out west of CB. That's the nice part about launching out of CB if you're going West. It saves you what, 6 miles one way???

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Been years since I've launched out of Cholla with Ric Felder, but was always kind of a cluster to do so. And yes, it is closer to the W/NW spots. Safe Marine is so much easier and reliable, even if a bit further.

A calm day. Uh-huh, keep waiting. Used to be able to count on 3 days of blow, then a day or two of calm. Haven't seen that in ages now. Always seems to be an 8-10 blow out of the S/SE. The weather pattern in Penasco has definitely changed. Other off shore types I know have said the same. There doesn't seem to be truly calm "lake" days anymore. Used to love those days at the 51 when the water was like glass, but they are very few and far between now.

I guess the only answer is to get a bigger boat that can take the constant 3-4 ft. chop. Those seas just beat you and the boat to death, though.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Been years since I've launched out of Cholla with Ric Felder, but was always kind of a cluster to do so. And yes, it is closer to the W/NW spots. Safe Marine is so much easier and reliable, even if a bit further.

A calm day. Uh-huh, keep waiting. Used to be able to count on 3 days of blow, then a day or two of calm. Haven't seen that in ages now. Always seems to be an 8-10 blow out of the S/SE. The weather pattern in Penasco has definitely changed. Other off shore types I know have said the same. There doesn't seem to be truly calm "lake" days anymore. Used to love those days at the 51 when the water was like glass, but they are very few and far between now.

I guess the only answer is to get a bigger boat that can take the constant 3-4 ft. chop. Those seas just beat you and the boat to death, though.
If windfinder.com is correct this weekend, Sunday/Monday are looking REAL nice. We're trying for one more outing before winter but downside to this weekend is it's bike week. I hate that crowd. Drunk, obnoxious and dangerous. No thanks.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
If windfinder.com is correct this weekend, Sunday/Monday are looking REAL nice. We're trying for one more outing before winter but downside to this weekend is it's bike week. I hate that crowd. Drunk, obnoxious and dangerous. No thanks.
Yeah, high pressure dominating right now. I'll never go again on Bike Weekend, either. I don't think it's going to be as big a deal this year. Have not seen or heard a word about it this year.

JayT

We block off the calendar as "no go" weeks for the RP Rally bike week based on past years' experience. It's a different spin on spring break or semana santa - great for the local economy but not the most relaxing week to enjoy Penasco it that's what you're after.

JoseAz

Well Known Member
We targeted coming down this week. Its fun watching that many people having a good time.
We don't have bikes but we enjoy watching the crowd

randy and patty

Well Known Member
Here for Biker Rally first time. Lots of people and lots of fun happening everywhere but the beach isnt much more crowded. Very happy for the local economy. Hopped around to some of the hotspots, Wow.. there were some great live bands! Didn’t feel uncomfortable anywhere but made sure not to touch the Bikes which was difficult cause there were some awesome bikes! Definitely coming back next year.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Can anyone confirm if the border hours are back to normal??????? Lukeville border page from US Customs says 6am-midnight... I have a FRIEND that may or may not be going down last minute to get his boat into the LAKE Monday and catch a really big Grouper or Halibut... PLEASE HELP MY FRIEND WITH INFO ASAP. Thank you!!! He thanks you.