Border crime effecting RP?

D

domromer

First of all just wanted to say hello, this is my first post. When we lived in PHX we used to go to RP every other weekend. Now that we live in Flag it's been 3 years since we'd been to RP. I have a couple questions.

1. Has all the crime I read about on the border effected RP? Do you feel any less safe in town? How bout the drive from the border to RP? Any difference there?

2. Can you still tent camp on Sandy beach? If not there is there a new spot people are going to?

Thanks,
Dom

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Hi Dom,

Welcome to the forum. Don't be scared by the media hype. In my opinion (obviously a bit biased because I go there so often), Rocky Point is still as safe as it's ever been. The drive from the border has only gotten better over the years. The road has been improved, it's well-marked and I've never had any hassles. A very smooth trip.

If you have not seen Sandy Beach in several years, you won't recognize it. It is now mostly towers of condos and some very nice resorts. I believe you can still beach camp at the very end of Sandy Beach at the Reef RV Park.

The town has grown considerably. You'll be very surprised when you go.

First of all just wanted to say hello, this is my first post. When we lived in PHX we used to go to RP every other weekend. Now that we live in Flag it's been 3 years since we'd been to RP. I have a couple questions.

1. Has all the crime I read about on the border effected RP? Do you feel any less safe in town? How bout the drive from the border to RP? Any difference there?

2. Can you still tent camp on Sandy beach? If not there is there a new spot people are going to?

Thanks,
Dom
¡Bienvenido! we've been living here for almost 14 years and I feel much safer here than I ever did when I lived in Tempe...