Border Patrol Chase at Lukeville 5/28/10

C

colemanscottage

I saw this tweet on Twitter last night from @ARIZONA12NEWS.

"Border Patrol chase creates tense minutes at Lukville border crossing. Pursued vehicle entered Mexico." @Arizona12News (Posted approximately 10:30 pm on 5/28/10)

I haven't been able to find any further information on this. Does anyone else have any further info?

S

Submarine

makes you wonder why they are so much better at catching people trying to go South than North.

This sounds like another one of those untrue reports. First of all, there are American officials blocking the road into Mexico and secondly, Mexican authorities do not allow anyone in who is fleeing without invesstigating. It isn't possible for a car to just rush past the U.S. agents and the Mexican ones without being detained.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I saw this tweet on Twitter last night from @ARIZONA12NEWS.

"Border Patrol chase creates tense minutes at Lukville border crossing. Pursued vehicle entered Mexico." @Arizona12News (Posted approximately 10:30 pm on 5/28/10)

I haven't been able to find any further information on this. Does anyone else have any further info?
This incident was in Organ Pipe, guy was chased by park rangers and escaped but was caught 3 hours later trying again and and arrested for human smuggling. See desert invasion-U.S. May incidents

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
If this was as first described and happened at the lukeville sonoyta port a vehicle running toward the border to get into mexico would probably have a load of money he easily could drive past the americans but not to easy ont he mexican side. The vehicle would be detained by the mexican customs officials and searched if money was found the driver would be turned loose with the money because of the fear of the sonoyta mafia killing them [Mexican Customs officials} or there families. I was told this by the ex supervisor of the port who is a freind of ours. Thanks Lagrimas85

C

colemanscottage

Thanks to everyone for their assistance in tracking down this info. Just trying to ally the fears of concerned family members who are worried about our upcomming trip to RP.

Also wanted to thank Jim for the link to the Desert Invasion site. Very succinct and helpful!

Thanks again and hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
colemanscottage, just so you know in case you have not noticed, the article in the desert invasion is dated June 11, 2004, so do not base anything happening right now on it, there might be some resemblance but I have not heared of any shooting on the border, I was personally there with my family there on May 28, 2010 at around 5pm and there was a line about a mile long and it seems that nobody else did, is there a date in that twit you found? is there anybody here that hear anything......anything at all!!!

just like I thought another anti-mexican rumor!! let your family freak and when you come back and tell them how much fun it was then they can make their minds up from first hand information!!!

PS: I have never been to Rocky Point and know nothing about it, where is it? :eek3: by this I do not mean that I know everything about it, but sure as hell is above and heaven below that I have been there and nothing has happen to me or my family in the last 19 years, I'm growing tired of people fears based in 4th hand information!! DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYBODY, DO WHAT YOUR HEARTS TELLS YOU TO!! GO TO THE BEACH11

Last edited:
C

colemanscottage

Jerry Taber, de 58 años de edad, quien tenía su domicilio en 3786 South Chaparral Apache Junetion Phoenix, Arizona.

Lost control at the Reef, sporting a Polaris 4X.

RIPJerry.

Also wanted to say that I am so sorry to hear about Jerry, Wahoo. Although I did not know Jerry, any loss of life is indeed a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Jerry.

(Also, you may want to consider posting this in it's own forum as I'm not sure how many of Jerry's friends will see it in this post.)

C

colemanscottage

colemanscottage, just so you know in case you have not noticed, the article in the desert invasion is dated June 11, 2004, so do not base anything happening right now on it, there might be some resemblance but I have not heared of any shooting on the border, I was personally there with my family there on May 28, 2010 at around 5pm and there was a line about a mile long and it seems that nobody else did, is there a date in that twit you found? is there anybody here that hear anything......anything at all!!!

just like I thought another anti-mexican rumor!! let your family freak and when you come back and tell them how much fun it was then they can make their minds up from first hand information!!!

PS: I have never been to Rocky Point and know nothing about it, where is it? :eek3: by this I do not mean that I know everything about it, but sure as hell is above and heaven below that I have been there and nothing has happen to me or my family in the last 19 years, I'm growing tired of people fears based in 4th hand information!! DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYBODY, DO WHAT YOUR HEARTS TELLS YOU TO!! GO TO THE BEACH11

Thanks Inka! Good catch...really appreciate it! I DID NOT notice that the report was from 2004! Just skimmed it and was going to "really read" it later...but still find it interesting that the same thing happened almost 6 years earlier in 2004!

As for the tweet, it was in reference to something that happened late in the evening on 5/28/10. It came from 12News here in PHX (my husband follows them) and I have not been able to find any additinal info, which is why we looked to y'all.

Too bad that the info posted above is from 2004. Doubt the posters realized it either...oh well, we're just being cautious.

Thanks agian and happy to hear you had a nice trip!

P

Pete

You gotta hand it to those Border Patrol Agents.....They do a heck of a job for what they are up against...