Border wait Labor day

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Talked to my buddy yesterday in line. He said the sheriff told them it was on the Mexico side. For whatever reason, they were searching every.... single.... car. Red light for everybody. He hadn't even gotten to the 1 mile to border sign yet; this was at about 1:45 and had been in line for an hour already.

We got to the border at 7pm. The line was 4.4 miles from the border. Took 2 hours but they weren't checking every car. Friends eailer in the day said they were checking about 1 out of every 4-5 cars. They waited about 2-3 hours

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
My friends got to the border at 11 A.M. yesterday and there was no line, it took 2 minutes and they got the green light........

So it begins. Monday 9:20am, 5 lanes open, the wait is close to an hour already. :eek: Can't wait to see what it becomes during the afternoon.
Some overcast clouds help. Glad I left early.

playaperro

El Pirata
Oh Man, should I try to cross?

Lukeville | 6 am-Midnight 9/7/2015
Commercial Vehicles
Maximum Lanes: 1
Standard Lanes: Lanes Closed
Fast Lanes: N/A
Passenger Vehicles
Maximum Lanes: 5
Standard Lanes: At Noon MST, 105 min, 5 lane(s) open
Readylane: N/A
Sentri Lanes: N/A
Pedestrian
Maximum Lanes: N/A
Standard Lanes: N/A

Lukeville | 6 am-Midnight 9/7/2015

Commercial Vehicles
Maximum Lanes: 1
Standard Lanes: Lanes Closed
Fast Lanes: N/A

Passenger Vehicles
Maximum Lanes: 5
Standard Lanes: At 8:00 pm MST, 220 min, 5 lane(s) open
Sentri Lanes: N/A

Pedestrian
Maximum Lanes: N/A
Standard Lanes: N/A

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

JimMcG

I remember when a 6+ hour wait was the norm and it was always smart to avoid returning on the same day as everyone else.

azdiva

I think this dance is about to end. From either Phoenix or Tucson, Penasco is about 160-170 miles away. That alone
being about a 2 hr drive. Adding 3 hrs plus the Sonoyta crawl is now a 5-6 hour drive. Now were looking at LA,San Diego travel time. In perspective, Albuquerque is 8 hrs from Phoenix ! Is it now going to be the same time as driving
to Yuma on I-8 and crossing at Algodones and taking the scenic Coastal Hwy to RP, bypassing this madness?
After 9/11 with increasing security lines and time before boarding a flight from Phoenix to LA was approaching
close to driving. For a family of 4, driving from Phoenix to Disneyland is a no brainer now. With the Peso devaluating
on a daily basis, how long before this Gringo Tax will continue to go on, my bet is next Memorial Day. The expense
and travel times will be considered the next time and not go into $1000 weekend because you have to stay another
day due to traffic. Boosterism is alive and well here enough, but be very careful, this could bite you in the ass.

I 17 south was as not much better...took us almost 3 hrs to go from camp verde exit to just past new river...no accidents, just a steady crawl of traffic.