Bringing dogs to RP

I am going to come for the first time with my dogs.
Any tips or suggestion I should know for the border?
Thank you

Thanks all
I got the rabies certificate, tomorrow I will take the pictures and make copy of certificate and Driver license and after that I will be ready to come down on Tuesday and enjoy my first vacation with the dogs.

Terry C

If you get the green light and the people are there and see a dog in your vehicle they will stop you and ask you for the dog papers. Also, they will ask you for your drivers license and take pictures of you and them in the car and your license plate. We were told, make copies of your Rabies Certificates and make a copy of your drivers license and put them on the same paper. We have the glove box loaded up. Last 3 times we got the green light and pulled over, handed them the papers and away we went. They must have 8 pisc of the dogs by now. Crazy I know. The next time it may be different......

jerry

The rumor that we might have to start crating our dogs is false according to a BP friend that takes his dog south

I have been comming down throught Mexicalli for years and have never been asked a question about my dogs, either direction.

If you get the green light and the people are there and see a dog in your vehicle they will stop you and ask you for the dog papers. Also, they will ask you for your drivers license and take pictures of you and them in the car and your license plate. We were told, make copies of your Rabies Certificates and make a copy of your drivers license and put them on the same paper. We have the glove box loaded up. Last 3 times we got the green light and pulled over, handed them the papers and away we went. They must have 8 pisc of the dogs by now. Crazy I know. The next time it may be different......
Went down for the 4th of July, got the red light, like usual, asked for vehicle reg. and passport. Had two dogs, never asked for paperwork ??

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
We always bring our doggie to Mexico and have never been asked to show papers or take pictures (Not yet anyway). It may be because she is such a big dog and super friendly, and sometimes that scares people. However, we always bring her papers just to be safe. Also, keep a collar with tags and contact information in case you are separated.
We tend to bring her with us everywhere we go and she is never out of our sight. Although she occasionally takes a very long swim in the ocean ~ never know what she sees and/or smells that we don't! She has so much fun chasing critters from the sea and just running up and down the beach. She is on vacation to. Some restaurants have let us bring her if there is a patio and they are not busy.
Have fun!

The Man

• You should have a health certificate from your vet. Border Patrol requires one within 6 months, going north. Sometimes they want to see it, but most of the times they will not, if they see a rabies tag on the dog.
I have a stack In the back seat folder that I never cleaned out, but one time they
pulled us over and went thru about 8 years of health records to find the
current one.

Asked them one time what if I had none, they said it may be sad, but they
would not let dog in country.