Bringing my boat to San Carlos

Jim

I am considering a trip to San Carlos from Puerto Penasco. Does anyone (Stuart?) know what paperwork etc. I need to take my boat? How many hours does it take to drive there from Rocky Point? Thanks in advance.

Kelney

Jim
You will need a TIP (Temporary Importation Permit) that you can obtain online via http://www.banjercito.com.mx/site/siteBanjer/index.jsp

You will also need on the water liability insurance. These documents are required by the 2 marinas down there. They may want a copy of your tourist visa as well but not positive on that one. Not sure how long it takes from RP to SC towing a boat.

You may want to hurry, I understand the fishing is taking off finally after a somewhat slow summer. Check out the San Carlos website and forum and you can get a better feel for the boating/fishing down there. I would love to head down there over Turkey Day but that trip is a pain in the ass as well as the back towing a boat with the road construction going on.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Kelney is right - you *definitely* need the Temporary Import Permit and on the water liability insurance. If you plan on taking Mex 2 down from Sonoyta to Santa Ana, I don't think there is an Aduana stop (it's at 21km just south of Nogales), so you'll only need it for the marinas. Figure on roughly a 6-7 hour drive. I can make it from Phoenix in 7 hours not towing, but it take 9 hours towing.

Stuart
He said he will be leaving from RP so will he not going through Caborca and over ?
I have no idea about that road.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
If I was towing from PP to SC, I'd go back up to Sonoyta, then take Mex 2 south. The road to Caborca has some big dips and vados and is pretty rough (and definitely narrow) in some places. I wouldn't tow my boat that way. A smaller boat might be fine.

Jim

Thanks for the replys/info. I have decided against the trip. One of my out of the area friends backed out and I really don't have the money anyway. Maybe sometime soon. Jim ( I kind of miss the "Javalina" part, maybe I will try to change my name back) Hope to see some of you soon. I do live here fulltime now so if you want to say Hey, I am here.

Jim

Thanks for the info. I guess that I won't be going after all. Things have changed a bit and I really can't afford it anyway.

Kenny

Hi Jim,
You can always go to the user control panel and add Javalina Jim in the profile section as your signature.

Kenny

Hey Jim
Hopefully we will be comming down at the end of the week and would like to meet you. We stay in Plya De Oro ,good bar next door with GOOD and cheap beer, or we can meet anywhere. I would like to talk about living there full time. We are becomming mid - low income and there has to be a better way of life than here.
Drop me a note

Jim

Hi Bill,
I'll be here and would be happy to get together. I assume that your neighborhood wil be very busy this weekend with the biker rally. I will try to make it by or you can give me a call if you like. My cell is 105-9357.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Jim - the fishing in Penasco is excellent right now. No need to go to San Carlos anyway. The water is always bluer on the other side of the sea... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives in Penasco for local calls. I have T-Mobile here in the US and my account works in Mexico (a GSM phone). Unfortunately, it's $1.59 a minute for International roaming.