Building Blocks, Home Port

JimMcG

I know this is off subject but it' JimMcG's fault :p:p:p
I do not know if you are following it, but the Iguala killings have focussed a very intense light on the whole issue of Mex. Gov. complicity and inaction in the internationa press. There was nothing new about the killing, almost the exact same thing has happened in Iguala in the past. Through a convergence of current factors, social media being a big one, including the persistence and bravery of the families of the students demanding action, this has resulted in a generalized interest and reporting international. Other more recent shootings have gotten widespread coverage. although belatedly. The fossas, mass graves, of Gerrero near Iguala, are being excavated and hundreds of bodies have been uncovered. Families of the disappeared are finding their voices, crying for justice. Everything has been blamed on cartel to cartel killings and so to be ignored, not investigated, no convictions. There were many thousands of innocent victims.

For example, the recent assasination of a Catholic priest who, from his pulpit, denounced the cartel thought reponsible for the killings in Iguala, Rev. Gorostieta, resulted in over 200 news report hits on my news crawler the very next day. From all over the world. Literally hundreds of priests have been killed in Mexico over the years and thousands 'disappeared', without a whisper in the international press.

Also recentley declassified NSA docs have added to the fire. It's agood fire and hopefully will burn brightly and turn at least some of the corruption to ashes.
http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB445/
Yes indeed, it is long past due for the Mexican people to take care of business and clean house. If the additional massacre of 43 student/teachers and the 'disappearing' of outspoken clergy is not the final tipping point, I don't know what is. After all, WTF do these low life 'bad asses' think they are? Viva La Revolucion!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, I never heard the story of what happen to you? Was it an accident?

Not really. When you ride dirtbikes for sport I don't think we call it an accident but I was riding my dirtbike May 30th 2010 and I fell over by Cholla Bay and never got back up. I'm an L2 paraplegic however I have regained some use of my legs. I never bring my wheelchair to Rocky Point because I see it as a liability to get stolen. I only come with my walker when Im in town. I don't have any ill feelings towards Mexico. I do wish some things were different. The. "not releasing someone for medical care until they give you money" is frustrating especially with a Spinal Cord Injury in which every minute counts but I guess I shouldn't complain because I was fairly fortunate and I've heard many stories where others were hurt in Mexico and weren't so lucky. I guess a word of advice to anyone that rides or rents recreational vehicles. This is not America in which you get treatment first and the bill later. In Mexico, the bill comes first and then you are released for treatment. This needs to be understood as it could severely impact someone's life.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I remember Jerry telling me something about your incident. You are right though, in Mexico you have to pay first (I have heard similar stories). Good to hear that the spinal damage was not worse. Take care

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Let's be honest here, notwithstanding the obvious that we forum members are Mexico diehards. Before any significant investment climate can be re established, Mexico must clean up its act exponentially and convince people around the world that it a physically safe and legally protected environment in which to do business. It has a long way to go even after and if it decides to pursue this course.
The truth is that Mexico's tourism has been increasing in the last few years, despite of what heaters are saying, most of the people that talks trash of Mexico have never been nor they will be visiting Mexico, they just say what they have heard through the telephone lines and you folks know how that game ends, a bunch of know nothing about nobody nowhere!!!!

Mexico is what it is, if it cleans its act and becomes another USA clone then what is left is not Mexico but USA bato loco!!! again third world countries are a few decades behind what the USA citizens are use to in a daily basis, and that is what makes this world SOOOOOOOOOO interesting, forget about Mexico and travel out there more, go to Africa, middle east even Australia will show a couples of world in the same place you will never dream of seen in one place!!!!!

Most people in USA has the power, financially, to do what ever they want and go wherever they want, unfortunately the great majority likes to have someone else do their decisions/thinking/deducing for them rather than arrive to a conclusion by themselves, it is easier to turn to TV or radio to "SEE" what is going on in the world and they just take it as TRUTH because the gov of USA can not LIE to is citizens, please no labels here, both Reps and Dems LIE and that is the truth!!!!!

Is not a matter of us tourist/mexico lovers to change Mexico, Mexico will change Mexico, we tourist enjoy it for what it is, if you expect something else then obviously you are in the wrong place at the wrong time or it is not for you PERIOD>

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Yeah, just like all the Mexicans that were going to fly into the new airport.
REMINDER # 2

The fucking Wall street guys put a STOP to it with no problem, the economy is getting stronger and hopefully things will get back to the original plan, remember the ECONOMY was a world wide hit not only in MEXICO!!!!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Originally built by Grupo Vidanta in 2009, The Mar de Cortes International Airport -- the first privately built airport in all of Mexico -- has welcomed private flights since November of 2009. Its not like the feds built it, Mayan has been running pretty full lately, they just built cause they had the money.
Well, yes and no, they built because they had and agreement with the local gov. of PP, where Grupo Vidanta offered the land to the gov, to build the new airport, of course again with the economy, the move was to bring the tourists as close to the Mayan as possible to make that the first stop and hopefully the only one, if you have seen the original plans of the master plan for the Mayan development it would have been done by now but again because of the economy!!!!!

In other words the great USA financial gurus screwed it for the rest of us ALL OVER the world!!!!!

There is A LOT more than just a private airport!!!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
..............I know the other van services used to get special permission........................
No special permission at all, all they count on is the nice people in front of the line to let them in as the magnet sign says:"...due at airport...." whether they are or not gong to the airport, the passengers as well as the driver have to show passport and get checked too!!!!

The last spring break I worked the waiting was over 8 hours and it took us less than 5 minutes, all the students, full van, applauded!!!

The only time the passengers have to change vans after crossing the border is because the mexican van or american van do not have the necessary paperwork to go across the border, Tufesa or Albatross buses that cross the border do so empty, passengers have to walk thru to show documentation then embark in the other side.
In my case the passengers even had to take their luggage with them through customs

OOOPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! this was suppose to be inside information damn it now you know three!!!!!! AQF

Last edited:

mis2810

It wasn't just the economy. The airport was finished in 2012. In 2009 there was bad press because of the swine flu. In recent years it was all about violence in Mexico. I'm no fan of the Wall Street gurus either, but there are other factors as well. What about all those AeroMexico flights jn 2013? Those biweekly flights originated in Guadalajara, stopped in Hermosillo, then Penasco, then to Las Vegas. Where were all the middle and upper class Mexicans? No flights at all in 2014.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
It wasn't just the economy. The airport was finished in 2012. In 2009 there was bad press because of the swine flu. In recent years it was all about violence in Mexico. I'm no fan of the Wall Street gurus either, but there are other factors as well. What about all those AeroMexico flights jn 2013? Those biweekly flights originated in Guadalajara, stopped in Hermosillo, then Penasco, then to Las Vegas. Where were all the middle and upper class Mexicans? No flights at all in 2014.
When it comes to have fun it is the same all over the world, if a new growing touristic center is advertising for the masses but it does not have all the entertainment that other finished touristic centers have then most if not all tourist , local or foreigner, will go to were the fun is, wouldn't you???

No demand no flights, no matter where they are coming or going!!!! economy 101

The violence in Mexico was the Ace that the USA gov, use to try to keep the dollars at home while the economy recuperated, remember the timely manner those pesky WARNINGS use to come out at??????

The middle to upper mexican class was either in Cancun, Carmel, Playa del Carmen, Cabo, Loreto, Acapulco (not as much as it is cartel headquarters) Tulum should I mention more mexican paradises like places that most tpourist visit Mexico during the last 6 years??????

People we need to use more real information and get away from statistics than just show that statistics!!!!

Miakko

Penasco has many issues to resolve before real economic growth will come. Roads from within Mexico need to be vastly improved so the city is more accessible and there needs to be enough demand for flights to come into our airport. If 80+% of Penasco's tourist business continues to come from Arizona it is likely the status quo will continue. Penasco desperately needs a huge influx of visitors from all over to help grow the local economy. In order for Penasco to be an appealing tourist destination when compared to others in Mexico activities need to be developed and promoted beyond our beautiful beaches. Think organized tours with a set place, published materials, etc. Additionally not all visitors want to stay in a condo or casa. The complete lack of higher end hotel rooms in Penasco with a single contact point does not help to make it easy for first timers to determine where to stay.

playaperro

El Pirata
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it, Mexican Proverb, Well I want to thank JWT for finally removing Jerry from the thrown, Got to buy you a beer JWT. Hope Jerry don't read this.

playaperro

El Pirata
Maybe even toss in the fish dinner the chiweene lost on the bet over the homeport. Sure got quiet on here, Looks like that hillbilly fandango is over, LOL

jerry

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it, Mexican Proverb, Well I want to thank JWT for finally removing Jerry from the thrown, Got to buy you a beer JWT. Hope Jerry don't read this.
Hey dog we both get out of rehab on the same day! what are the odds. Let's go find some hookers and blow in AP! I have been showing some French videographers the AZ side of the Mexican border from west to east.I now sort of hate french people....Handing them over to some tourist guides from Hermosilo in Douglas tomorrow.The biggest payday they have ever had in the old "van load of knuckleheads" game. macho is dead I hear.....but buried on a Campo near Desemboque.....oh JWt is a tubby little realtor named Robin I hear...8 whole years of experience!!!,..run from it!,!,,

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

Dog is back! Donde fuiste DOG?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Mr. Dawg!!!!!! I got lost but you!!!!!! what happen?????? oh well I always knew that not showing up in the forum does not mean being defeated in a stupid thread argument or re-thinking your come back attack, it just means that the life out of the forum requires some attention!!!!

Watch out Jerry is coming and take your bone(r) away!!!!!! AQF