Buying a House in Las san jorge beach

Andrea007

I am looking at a beach house in Las san Jorge beach.... Just want to know how is this beach, does it have potential for future expansion.

House does not have electricity...so exploring Solar panel

Please advise,,,

jerry

Well Known Member
I am looking at a beach house in Las san Jorge beach.... Just want to know how is this beach, does it have potential for future expansion.

House does not have electricity...so exploring Solar panel

Please advise,,,
Andrea, don't do it....ejido issues and long walk to water at low tide.....

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Look at any USGS Topo Map.........

Bahia San Jorge.......flats of black stinkin Fango.

Fango.....mud, addle, mire, rot and filth.

That shallow backwater is a catchall for all things dead and more floating garbage than any coastline in Sonora. Good for beach combing if yer lookin for skulls and bones. Behind the dunes is always good pickins for Senior Zopilote and his Mosca caca slurping buddies, as the pangueros there would rather dump their bycatch in the desert than back in the bay.

JJ

Roberto

Well Known Member
The Golden Rule for buying property in Mexico: Ask for copies of a Bank Trust or a Mexican title. Get a copy of the sellers govt. issued ID. The name on that ID must match the name on the title or Bank Trust. Take all of it, if you get it, to a Notorio to see if the property can legally be sold. Do not accept any other form of proof of ownership from the seller. It is generally believed and accepted that those properties cannot be legally sold. As Jerry related above it has been commonly owned land, an Ejido, and as such cannot be sold. Google Ejidos in Mexico and learn all about them.

I spoke to a gent some time ago who said he had a beachfront home there he wished to sell. His proof of ownership was and I quote...I have a piece of paper somewhere...... In effect he had nothing to sell.

Other than being close to La Pinta Estuary the beach is crappy.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
As above have said, bad news, don't do it. Ownership there is very clouded by ejido issues. I looked at it many years ago.

There's a reason you see little to no development there.

danwerle

I am also curious to buy a lot and build a house on the beach between Cholla and El gulfo.
What is the Story with the Lopez Aceves properties? Have the Edijo issues been resolved? I read a little on it but the last post was a few years ago
Any other areas or lots/ beach houses available in early developed areas?
Even east of town down toward Puerto Lobos for the right $
Thanks!!

Last edited:

Roberto

Well Known Member
I am also curious to buy a lot and build a house on the beach between Cholla and El gulfo.
What is the Story with the Lopez Aceves properties? Have the Edijo issues been resolved? I read a little on it but the last post was a few years ago
Any other areas or lots/ beach houses available in early developed areas?
Even east of town down toward Puerto Lobos for the right $
Thanks!!
I am very familiar with Lopez Aceves. The lots for sale have been taken out of the ejido status and can be sold with a Mex title or a Bank Trust. Only issue is the cost of a bank trust can equal the price of the lot. Also the water goes way out. Visit at low tide. Guy who frequents here should pick this up and respond. Carnac, where are you.

Santo Thomas is the closest area south of here. Jerry on this forum knows all about it. Beautiful area. Prices have come way down.

Nothing you can buy safely toward El Gulfo. Lots of Ejido land along there.

I can put you onto a nice buildable lot in Las Conchas, good paper, excellent access, all utilities at the lot line. $15K. Good ocean view that cannot be obstructed and short stroll to the beach but not beachfront. Asking price is down from $150k !!!!!

Last edited:

danwerle

I like the tide cycle up there.....
So the listings im finding on the local MLS will be +++ to be the title?
Thanks

Roberto

Well Known Member
Listing prices do not include closing costs so if you are non national a Bank Trust would run on this lot maybe 7 to 8 K total. Most of the original trusts must be renewed very soon throughout Las Conchas. The current owner does not want to pay for a new trust which they would have to do, so they are motivated to sell now. If you have citzenship or a Mex spouse half that for a title.
If you are serious ,call Twin Dolphins at 602 324 7241. This is a good price for a real nice lot. Beaches are beautiful and close to the Estuary.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
There are lots for sale in Playa Miramar on the beach for less than 2nd row in Las Conchas- you should drive out there.

danwerle

My wife and I are heading down for the weekend, did not book early enough and cant find a place to stay....
Can anyone help? Casita room? Were going to be on the hunt for a lot all day Saturday and gone early Sunday AM.
Will pay cash.
Let me know if you can help.
Thanks, Dan

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
My wife and I are heading down for the weekend, did not book early enough and cant find a place to stay....
Can anyone help? Casita room? Were going to be on the hunt for a lot all day Saturday and gone early Sunday AM.
Will pay cash.
Let me know if you can help.
Thanks, Dan
Try the El Mirador hotel, it's on the same street as the Pink Cadillac.