Calle 13 & 12 - paving

Roberto

I think it will be finished enough in 18 days for the biker rally. The bars can't afford to lose the money that is generated by the rally. Calle 13 rocks that weekend!
Well, that just does not seem to happen for the bars on Calle 13 anyway. It's like Semana Santa in that everyone brings their drink of choice and drinks in the street. Semana Santa the action is along the street and in the bed of cruising pickup trucks. Been in the joints there more than one time, empty bar, loaded streets.

The Malecon is a different story and lots of partying on upper decks of the bars.

Roberto

False alarm on paving of the sidewalks. My reliable source was not so reliable. Went by yesterday afternoon and they are burying conduit for telephones in the sidewalks. No concrete poured there yet anywhere that I could see.

I guess you don't hang out on Calle 13 much because the bars are backed upstairs and street level just like the Malecon. I have pictures but they wont post. I've been to every rally but the first.

Well, that just does not seem to happen for the bars on Calle 13 anyway. It's like Semana Santa in that everyone brings their drink of choice and drinks in the street. Semana Santa the action is along the street and in the bed of cruising pickup trucks. Been in the joints there more than one time, empty bar, loaded streets.

Terry C

There was going to be a rumble in the streets one time with Roberto in a dress and high heels on Calle 13. I forget with who though....

jerry

~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~
Terry this is the kind of stuff you get from happy if you are on his enemies list:
his message contains blocked images.
Show ImagesOptions
Hey you two "000's" w / be HAPPY to know that there is a gay bar going to open in rp, ! ........ BTW, ol Stuart is waiting for you "two 000'S" ..... don't keep HER ! waiting now, you hear ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ !

Roberto

Not to hijack the thread but :eek::eek: More good news. Viewed Calle 13 today, Thursday 10/24 and there is real progress. The sidewalks are flat dirt, conduits seem to be all done. It's a good one day pour to finish them. Calle 12 has concrete on at least one lane a hundred yards or so on the north side.

Roberto

I guess you don't hang out on Calle 13 much because the bars are backed upstairs and street level just like the Malecon. I have pictures but they wont post. I've been to every rally but the first.
Oooooo there are actually bars on Calle 13 !! Upstairs and down !! Unbelievable. Wow how could I have missed that. I've heard about this rally, good thing you got me straight on the activities. I never would have guessed.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Things are a little edgy on here today. That's a good thing..a little edginess to get this old heart a pumpin is good.

GV Jack

Snorin God
I was amazed you got up. what with that brick I had in that thing.

The best part was when the cops came. They said, "Hi GV, how are you doing." I said fine and
the7 took the rest of you off and left me to hit more of the bars. I did get some funny looks with that purse though.

It does pay to have "friends" in high places.

Roberto

Viewed Calle 13 this AM 11/6 and looks like the sidewalks are IN !! Done in an attractive reddish concrete with a laid stone pattern. Road is not open. Still work to do as they are cleaning up the transitions between the new pavement and the side roads. Some piles of broken concrete here and there on the side roads. Front end loader cleaning the empty lot in front of Dunas. A crew of road sweepers was working on the side roads. The transition on Calle 13 from the existing pavement to the new concrete is in asphalt. Pouring the last 20 feet on the S end of Calle 12 this AM. No doubt it will be ready in my mind.