Capone's: Anyone know where JOSE, the old chef, moved on to?

POWERS

Jose took good care of me cooking my fresh catch when I would bring it in to Capone's. Anyone know where he is working now?

ADR

Ask Jerry or his brother at boo bar, I hear they are friends, or at least are in touch with him.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Courtesy of Dave from Capone's (and posted with his permission):

If they want someone to take care of their catch, they can talk to anyone when they come in- we do that for a lot of people in RP.
Jose never prepared fish meals, Ricardo is the fish cook, and Ricardo is still here-

MIRAMAR

Jose made one of the best Margherita Pizza's I've had. Only tried it once- didn't want to disappoint from perfection! I think he said he learned at a restaurant in Phoenix near 40th Street and Campbell- my old neighborhood.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Jose took good care of me cooking my fresh catch when I would bring it in to Capone's. Anyone know where he is working now?
His wife, or girlfriend owned or may still own the sex shop, in the plaza just south of La Ley, never been in it, don't know anything about it. If you want to find him you could start there, but I wouldn't. He is a great chef, I knew him and his wife,from the Oasis. Sorry Mis2810, i just had to post it. Three forms of communication in Penasco Telephone, Telegraph and Tell Tio.

playaperro

El Pirata
Tio, was he the guy that cooked the prime rib special, with the Indio beer on Thursdays about 5 years ago.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Jose made one of the best Margherita Pizza's I've had. Only tried it once- didn't want to disappoint from perfection! I think he said he learned at a restaurant in Phoenix near 40th Street and Campbell- my old neighborhood.
That's an interesting story as well, since Dave and Henry were the architects of all of AlCapones pizza recipes.... :think:

To his credit- I will say that Jose prepared a KILLER lasagna... and the annual pig roast was always a hit. I hope they continue doing that.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Tio, was he the guy that cooked the prime rib special, with the Indio beer on Thursdays about 5 years ago.
That was him A.C., his wife was the blond.......but I don't think the drapes matched the carpet. He was in a labor dispute with Don, when he left. I think he won.

mis2810

His wife, or girlfriend owned or may still own the sex shop, in the plaza just south of La Ley, never been in it, don't know anything about it. If you want to find him you could start there, but I wouldn't. He is a great chef, I knew him and his wife,from the Oasis. Sorry Mis2810, i just had to post it. Three forms of communication in Penasco Telephone, Telegraph and Tell Tio.
Why are you apologizing to me? I don't have a problem with anything you wrote, Tio! PTT&T will give Carlos Slim a run for his money.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I asked about him last night. All they would tell me was that Jose was fired.
True. Dave and I had a conversation about this and why when we were fishing a couple weeks ago, but it's not my business nor my place to post anything here about it.

Kenny

I think he said he learned at a restaurant in Phoenix near 40th Street and Campbell- my old neighborhood.
Mine too, we lived in the Spanish style adobe that the Putnam's had owned on 40th street and Clarendon, but for a year before that I lived on Campbell and went to Kachina. When we moved down a little, I then went to Tavan.

At one time the Putnam's owned all the citrus groves in that area. The house with the red tile roof on the large corner lot, a acre, is the house I'm speaking off.

mis2810

Mine too, we lived in the Spanish style adobe that the Putnam's had owned on 40th street and Clarendon, but for a year before that I lived on Campbell and went to Kachina. When we moved down a little, I then went to Tavan.

At one time the Putnam's owned all the citrus groves in that area. The house with the red tile roof on the large corner lot, a acre, is the house I'm speaking off.

That was where we lived when we first came to Phoenix also - 40th & Glenrosa.