Carne asada in RP

L

Leenie

Does anyone know a good place to get carne asada preparada in RP? We looked last time we were down there but had no luck. IN phx we go to the carneceria down the street and pick up a few pounds to grill at home and I would love to do the same when go to RP.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
When you say "prepared carne asada" are you talking about the one that is marinated in adobo? kind of chili red colour marinate?

Last edited:
L

Leenie

That would work, I was looking more for the style I get here in west Phx or even food city (food city's is not that good just using them as a reference point). Is usually not real red like adobo sauce generally is.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I was going to say, I have not seen marinated carne asada in Penasco, but there are many carnicerias I have not been to yet!!

mis2810

I asked this same question about a month ago. I'll have to look for the thread. But from what I remember, I was told there's a carniceria in front of the Telmex office. We didn't feel like wandering around looking for it last time so we wound up bringing our carne asada from home in a cooler to grill down there.

It's not in adobo. It's got onions, orange juice, beer, and other spices - very juicy. OK - I looked it up. The place it called Cedasa. Here's the link:

http://www.rockypointtalk.net/showthread.php?1948-Driving-Directions-and-Carne-Asada&highlight=carne

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Cedasa is located across from Rocky imports, kiddy corner to Telmex, just look for the tall red and white telephone antena in the middle of town, about 3 blocks south of Benito Juarez Blvd, they say awesome cuts to order just ask they keep most of the meat back in the walking cooler, great service and prices too

mis2810

I've looked at the meat selection at the Ley supermarket and wasn't thrilled. Those don't prepare the carne in the marinade there either. I go to Ley for everything except: tortillas, beer and meat.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Cedasa is located across from Rocky imports, kiddy corner to Telmex, just look for the tall red and white telephone antena in the middle of town, about 3 blocks south of Benito Juarez Blvd, they say awesome cuts to order just ask they keep most of the meat back in the walking cooler, great service and prices too
~~~ "walking cooler" ~~~ HOLY CHRIST ~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~ put the ~~~ WEED ~~~ down

~~~ The ~~~ WEETA

InkaRoads

cronopiador
~~~ "walking cooler" ~~~ HOLY CHRIST ~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~ put the ~~~ WEED ~~~ down

~~~ The ~~~ WEETA
Hey, wait a second, just 'cause I talk to my beer does not mean you can come and tell me to smoke weed!! the great weeta

And no, it is not what you are thinking!! they did not put together a bunch of coleman coolers with duck tape!!

Last edited:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Hey, wait a second, just 'cause I talk to my beer does not mean you can come and tell me to smoke weed!! the great weeta

And no, it is not what you are thinking!! they did not put together a bunch of coleman coolers with duck tape!!
~~~ "walking cooler" ~~~ sure you didn't mean ~~~ walk in cooler ~~~

~~~ the weed man the weed ~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~

~~~ WEETA ~~~

Manny Sanchez

Vir sapit qui pauca loqui
At the grocery store "la especial", it used to be "La Merced". In Sonora street. Buy the meat, they prepare it for you (carne asada) there is a few other place, dont remember the name. Ill repost once i get the name and directions.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
~~~ "walking cooler" ~~~ sure you didn't mean ~~~ walk in cooler ~~~

~~~ the weed man the weed ~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~ :rofl:
~~~ WEETA ~~~
OK WEETA master, I will lay low of the weed and quit talking to my beer before a post again that way we won't have any more "walking coolers" :rofl:

Stew, we should be able to put more than 4 smiles in our posts, I had to delete one of ~~~HAPPY's~~~ now he will give me feces for ever!!

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Ink you should try "Modelo" we buy it @ their store on Josefa 8 pack for 6 bucks.
We buy our prime rib @ La merced never seen preparrada there but new name or owners. The old butcher always done us good.
Wonder if Happy buys his "Mota" on the 13 across the street from Ha Ha.

Last edited:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ My friends, My friends, ~~~ Very good, Very good, ~~~ STOP IT, STOP IT, ~~~

~~~ No No, ~~~ Please, Please, ~~~ More, More, ~~~ I can't stop laughing my ass off, ~~~

~~~ HOLY CHRIST ~~~ You guys are ~~~ ALMOST ~~~ as good as I am ~~~ ALMOST ~~~

~~~ OK time to LITE up, ~~~ go ahead ~~~ Rosy ~~~ ladies first, ~~~

~~~ BTW, ~~~ The last time I was @ the races with Kenney ~~~ he rolled some up,

~~~ He say to me, ~~~ here have some ~~~ this is ~~~ GOOD ~~~ shit man !!! ~~~

~~~ Straight from ~~~ "FAIRY BEACH" ~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~

~~~ The WEETA