Carving knife allowed?

mrchief98

This may sound like a silly question, but I don't want to take the chance. We are planning our first Thanksgiving holiday in Rocky Point and will be brining down all of the grub, utensils, cookware, etc. for dinner. I was wondering if any of you know whether or not a 10 inch carving knife would be considered a weapon by the Mexican police/border agents? If so, does anyone know of a store in Rocky Point where I could at least purchase one?

thx,
Jeff

why take the chance of being hassled... you can buy one at Commercial Salmos or Commercial Numeros and Rocky Imports... even Aka Si would have them I bet...

I would just get it down here...

on another note... the old Super Val grocery store is reopened under a different name but same family... they have just reopened so their stock is limited for now. If they get up and running like it was originally it will be nice to be able to avoid the chaos of Super Ley...

Jim

I wouldn't worry about the knife unless you decide to carry it in your sock. I'm sooo happy that the Super Val (or it's replacement) is back. It's closer and much less crowded. I hate Super Ley and refuse to shop there. I'd rather buy from the local guy and pay more. My wife still goes though.

I've always brought down the "utensils" that I might need...just wrap them in your kitchen towels and keep them with your kitchen/food stuff.
Have a Great Thanksgiving!

As far as I know, the Mexican border agents are looking for firearms/ammunition. When I was hauling my trailer back and forth, and they checked inside, they never questioned any knives that I had in the kitchen drawers. I even had a small hatchet and one of those machetes under the sink, which I'm sure they saw.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Shoot, when Linda and I were hauled to the police station at the ladron's request, I had a pocket knife on the outside of my purse, and pepper spray inside. No one said a word, or didn't notice. Or maybe they were scared? Bwaaaahahhhahhahhhaaaaaa!

mrchief98

That's pretty funny stuff there. I suppose they are more concerned with guns and drugs vs. kitchen utensils! :p. I actually had it packed and my wife was, um, let's just say - expressing her concern. So, I thought I would make her happy and post the ?. After reading all of your replies, she green-lighted it.

thx!

dmcauley

My remark was directed at the fear that people are getting from our own government. Pack it with your groceries and you won't have any thing to worry about. Rocky Point will be a great experience if you allow it to be.Have a great thanksgiving. Sincerely, The smart ass.

My remark was directed at the fear that people are getting from our own government. Pack it with your groceries and you won't have any thing to worry about. Rocky Point will be a great experience if you allow it to be.Have a great thanksgiving. Sincerely, The smart ass.
hey Dan... I thought I was the smartass... I was the only one that told him not to bring the knife... Happy Thanksgiving anyway...