Cell phone registration

We are at PDO

ATT advised me to turn off roaming to cut down on the charges on my new iphone 3gs.

Wed and Thur no problem.

This am waiting for an important call - and it did not come through. The message said
"calling number and switched to international assistance and it would not go through.

I switched to roaming on and all is ok - can't wait for this bill!
I checked and the call I was waiting for went to voicemail.

So do I need to register here in RP? If so, where do I go?

Sunshine

The requirement to register your phone does not apply to US (or any non Mexican cell phones).......

As far as AT&T, even if you don't take a call down in Penasco, and it goes to voicemail, you will be charged for the call....had that happen to me about a year ago, and I had an "interesting" discussion with AT&T customer support. Now, unless I'm expecting an important phone call, I turn off my AT&T phone. I don't have an Iphone, but do have one of the "smartphones", and I turn off the wireless "data", even at home, since it burns up my battery fast.

I have a Telcel Amigo phone that I use down there.

Okay everybody, I've read throughout the years many discussions on cell phone use in RP and I'm just as confused now as I ever was. I have just a regular phone with Verizon service. I remember someone saying you can take your phone to a Telcel location and they do something to it for about $25.00 that makes it work down there. Is this correct and is this my best bet or should I contact Verizon?

http://www.ehow.com/how_5320227_unlock-password-verizon-phone.html

Yea it can be done, first you have to unlock your phone...If you can do that your phone will accept a new simm card..most cells simm cards will work, you can buy a new simm card at the tel cel take the verizon
one out and put the tel cel in and it should work. I put a link in so you can try to unlock yourself ..

Good Luck..

Playa
Does Verizon use GSM and Simm cards? I didn't think so....TMobile and AT&T are on gsm. The link provided by Playaperro is for unlocking your password....a big difference.

You can go to many of the cell phone sellers (not AT&T or TMobil stores) and they can unlock your phone...for a fee. The unlock codes may not be available for some of the new phones yet. If you are past your contract with AT&T, they will give you the unlock code. Don't know about TMobile. Then you can insert your Telcel simm into the AT&T phone.

Last edited:
Update: went to telcel. Told me I do not have to register a US phone only a Mexican phone

Still does not work right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunshine