CFE Payments

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Those home owners who don't live here 24/7, and who therefore maintain a cushion (negative balance due) in their CFE electrical account might want to keep an eye open. Our account suddenly showed a zero (rather than negative) balance on this month's statement. There had been enough funds in the account for many months ahead. Had to go to CFE to produce evidence of the "drop off" in funds, and investigate. The customer service rep commented that the suddenly-disappearing-funds phenomenon has been happening to a number of people . . .

Landshark

Well Known Member
We always prepay and have a credit on our CFE account and have always shown a zero balance unless the credit runs out.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
We always prepay and have a credit on our CFE account and have always shown a zero balance unless the credit runs out.
I didn't explain that -- while we too have always prepaid -- each paper statement showed a zero balance, and each time we would verify remaining funds in the account by checking the account online. This time, the online account showed no remaining funds. Thus the visit to CFE to resolve.

wildtoucan

Well Known Member
This was our first time having a credit, so on bill they dont show your deposits or credits? So we must keep tabs on it on our own? Will call CFE to check.

Landshark

Well Known Member
I didn't explain that -- while we too have always prepaid -- each paper statement showed a zero balance, and each time we would verify remaining funds in the account by checking the account online. This time, the online account showed no remaining funds. Thus the visit to CFE to resolve.
Thanks, will need to start checking online. One more task to add to the list! :(

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
This was our first time having a credit, so on bill they dont show your deposits or credits? So we must keep tabs on it on our own? Will call CFE to check.
Correct -- the bill will simply reflect a zero balance if nothing is due, but does not indicate credits and remaining (true) balance, if any. Must view your account online to find that.

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
Correct -- the bill will simply reflect a zero balance if nothing is due, but does not indicate credits and remaining (true) balance, if any. Must view your account online to find that.
Would you happen to have that link to view my account online?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I just checked and they always hand write my credit balance on my receipt.
That makes sense, since I have never paid at CFE only OXXO a couple of times.
For the past 5 years, I have a friend put some $$ on my account and watch the credit balance in my on-line account.

But for the past 2 years a local friend has been paying my bill every 2 months, because I have seen my credit balance disappear
quicker than it should have, I noticed that 2 years ago and stopped leaving a credit balance and just leave my buddy some $$ to pay with.
Since I am only in Cholla 40-50 days a year my electric costs are only $100-120 per year.

HILL BOY

Well Known Member
We have a Mex bank acct they pay our bill never had any problems CFE and phone no charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jamesishere

I created my account. Thanks for providing this info. However, I cannot understand my printed bills. Google does not translate the .pdf paper bills.

Would it be possible for someone to print their bill and write translations on it, then scan and post here for all of us to understand?

I pay in advance and have no idea where the balance of my credit is on the bill.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I created my account. Thanks for providing this info. However, I cannot understand my printed bills. Google does not translate the .pdf paper bills.
Would it be possible for someone to print their bill and write translations on it, then scan and post here for all of us to understand? ]
I pay in advance and have no idea where the balance of my credit is on the bill.
When you go on-line there is a yellow button labeled Pago EN Linea, (translates to Pay On Line) when you click on
it will show a balance due or after the 10th of the month if there is a credit that will show up and also gives you a way to pay on-line.
To pay on line pressing the Acceptar option takes you to the paying options if you have a Mexico bank acct or credit card.

Here is a link that explains a CFE bill for you, it's lengthy.
http://everythingplayadelcarmen.com/your-cfe-electric-bill-explained-at-last-plus-tips-for-keeping-it-low/

Capture-cfe.JPG

jamesishere

Thanks for the info and link! Below is what mine says online. Do you know what this means? Do I have credit still?

SERVICE NUMBER BALANCE AMOUNT PAYABLE
02400110XXXX $ 11,926.00 $ 11,926.00

* To date presents a credit balance

brokenwave

Well Known Member
If your last bill wasn't 11,926 pesos that should be your acct credit assuming you put $750+into your account

InkaRoads

cronopiador
if you look at the bottom of the CFE bill pasted above you can see "Estado de cuente" in a PDF format if you click on those it should show you your usage and balance on a month to month basis, not that I have done it but it just makes sense to me that that section will have the answer to your dollars, credit or debit