Cha Cha's- loved it

Cha Cha's was a great experience and I'm sure I'll be back often. The owners, staff, atmosphere and food were great. Friendly people, I hope they do well.

Oops! Forgot to tell you where it is! In the plaza across from the Peñasco del Sol Hotel. Where Chili Peppers and the Filiberto's were.

Went there twice, my friend Mario is the head chef at night. . They get a A+++ from me for service and atmosphere, and the owners family are always very upbeat and friendly, and we were invited to their opening night. However, both times the food was so-so at best, but they are new and were packed with people so I am giving them another shot before I write them off.

not related to the chain in Arizona, was it?
I like Filiberto's and have been know to hit it after a night of drinking. But I can imagine one in PP. Too many great late night taco stands.

Roberto

Ate at Cha Cha's twice this week already. Went Tuesday with a friend and was glad they were open as many others are closed on Tuesday's. Menu looked interesting, the owner waited on us. I was glad to see two different steaks on it. Odd but it's hard to find a place here that serves a steak they way you get it up there, thick, grilled with papa. Ordered one and the owner returned in a couple of minutes to tell me that the one I chose was not available. OK, ordered the other. Couple of minutes she returned to tell me that one was not available either and that they did not get to the store today for supplies as they are usually closed on Tuesday but opened because several large tour busses arrived at the hotel. OK ordered the Cha Cha special, chicken breast with veggies. It was pretty good. The salsa they serve with the chips was really good. My friend ordered a pizza like dish served on a large tortilla and it was tasty.

The steaks on the menu stuck in my mind so last night I went by again to order a T Bone. Whoops waiter returned to tell me it was not available again, nor was the other steak on the menu. Disappointed I ordered the Cha Cha special again. There were 3 tables in addition to me and about 7 or 8 employees who were moving around rather rapidly from place to place but seemingly accomplishing nothing. Had to get up and go to the bar for a glass of wine. Table of 4 next to me sat for along time waiting for a menu. My order arrived after a 15 or 20 minute wait with another owner who told me that the menu was not the one he wanted and that they are actually not a resturant but a sports bar !! The Special I got was tasty again but looked nothing like the one from the previous night? Odd sort of experience and I prolly won't go back.

Anyone know where I can get a nice thick grilled T Bone in a restaurant here?

Estero

La Casona on Sinaloa on the left just after the 4 way stop sign. Had a great steak there and that is pretty much all they serve.

Estero

The 4 way stop on the road that La Curva is on (Blvd Kino?), where that road intersects Sinaloa. It is a really small but somewhat upscale place right on Sinaloa not too far past the 4 way intersection going north on your left.