CHANGE IN THE FISHING RESERVE BOUNDRY

I just went in and got my new fishing license and on the wall was a new picture showing the revised South limit. The new limit is off Pelican point and extends west to the Baja. NO FISHING IN CHOLLA OR NORTH OF THE PELICAN POINT. I have not been out to see if there are any markings to show the limit line or not.
What a bummer as I liked fishing jut off the north side of the point.. This also limits beach fishing off Tucson Beach.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I hadn't heard that. Was well north of there a couple of weeks ago, as were other boats. Are you sure this applies to SPORTFISHING, and not the commercial guys?

Ed B

Small Potatoes
Haven't heard anything like that but I bet it is for the commercial ops like Stuart says. And if it is true they aren't paying any attention to it cause last weekend a lot of them went out of Cholla.

OK Glad to hear that. I will go ahead and drop in to the license and confirm. I will re post. It has been a little windy with a chop I do not enjoy fishing in. If nice tomorrow I will be out on the jet ski and I am not going to worry about going around Pelican.

Thanks for the replys

WARNING I did go back into the office and was told that the new line is from Pelican to , sr. moment the city straight across, and there is NO FISHING BY ANY BODY ANY WAY.
Sorry all but the fellow in the license office in the city hall did confirm this. He also said they were patrolling the area to be sure it is enforced. Sounds like a warning the first time but I am not willing to take the chance.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Damned if I can find one mention of this anywhere online. The Bio Preserve has always been a straight line from Penasco to San Felipe; the no fishing exclusion zone for vaquita is a large zone closer to San Felipe.

We went in to get Ednas fishing lic. yesterday and I again ask about the new bounders. I was again told that they will be going into force but not until after May . He was a little vague about the actual start of enforcement bnut was firm on the fact it will happen. Again this is Mexico and I only pass along what I was told so don't get on me.