Changing an Electric Account with CFE

Estero

This is also another option
https://nest.com/thermostat/life-with-nest-thermostat/

Here is a user experience for Nest
"We have installed Nest thermostats (Home Depot or Amazon) and they paid for themselves in 2 months! These things are amazing! Very easy to install and user friendly on your phone.

We've had guests turn the A/C down to 65 and leave for the day when it was 100 degrees out! (We had electric bills of $1,800+ in the summer.) We monitor usage on our phones and lock it so they can't go below 69 in the summer or above 73 in the winter. It goes on "Auto Away" when they check out or when there is no movement in the house. (be sure to take it off of "learning mode" though). That only works on personal usage (with a routine). You can also monitor energy usage for the week....so cool!"

mis2810

Thanks Estero. The Vera and The Nest ones look interesting, but The Piper one with the camera is too invasive for a rental. I like that I can control the temp from my phone, but it seems like I'd have to monitor it all the time when I'm not there but a renter is. I'd like to find something that shuts the air down all together after the door has been open for 60 seconds or more. We stayed in a condo at one of the Sonorans once that had that. There was a small sign next to the thermostat telling the renters that the air would automatically shut off if the door was left open.

Also, we have 3 thermostats - one for each bedroom and the living room/kitchen.

Estero

Thanks Estero. The Vera and The Nest ones look interesting, but The Piper one with the camera is too invasive for a rental. I like that I can control the temp from my phone, but it seems like I'd have to monitor it all the time when I'm not there but a renter is. I'd like to find something that shuts the air down all together after the door has been open for 60 seconds or more. We stayed in a condo at one of the Sonorans once that had that. There was a small sign next to the thermostat telling the renters that the air would automatically shut off if the door was left open.

Also, we have 3 thermostats - one for each bedroom and the living room/kitchen.
getvera will do that. Lots of info on how to set it up is here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Back to electricity - I was just talking with someone who has a house in Las Conchas and they tell me there are different electric rates for gringos than for Mexicans? What's that all about? Is it even true?
I can't attest to electricity, but it's gospel truth for many things in Penasco. I've proved it in the past. We were going fishing and went to the beer distributor (Modelo) to buy Pacifico. Cans, not bottles, no deposits. I walked in and bought a case - $22 USD. We thought we'd get another because it was going to be a long hot day and Ruben said he'd buy it. His price? $17 USD. I asked him why the $5 difference and he flat out called it what it is - the Gringo tax. True story.

Roberto

Yes, unfortunately, that happens with an alarming frequency. May be the reason you often see no posted prices. Old port is the absolute worst which is why I will never shop there. Shopping at the secundas, I always have a local friend make the purchase.