Cheap Beer

OK, where are the best Beer deals in town? BooBar has $2.50 cans/$3 bottles and Chango's HAD $1 drafts. I want to drink but not spend a fortune! Help me out........

tecate_light.jpg

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I was just kidding I knew what you meant. JJ's is 2.75 a beer. I think for sit down cantinas it is all about the same price. I am not sure what the draft cost at Capones or Bryans but probably not a buck. I was at Sir Vezas 2 weeks ago in Tucson, not a great place but the 12 oz drafts were 5 bucks a piece, so any of the places here are a deal.

not sure what kind of beer you drink. At the reef bar, I have took a liking to the $2 Indio's. I'm not sure what the price is at other bars or if its sold in the stores. But a good likeness to Pacifico.

A

AZ Miguel

I have to agree with you Steve, the price of beer is typical for tourist traps. JJ's is also over priced for a bar where you are not served and no A\C. Go off the beaten path and you can find some good deals. Don't look to Russ for any help when it comes to saving any money as he is all about reaching in to your pocket too and telling you what a great deal you just got compared to in the U.S.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I have to agree with you Steve, the price of beer is typical for tourist traps. JJ's is also over priced for a bar where you are not served and no A\C. Go off the beaten path and you can find some good deals. Don't look to Russ for any help when it comes to saving any money as he is all about reaching in to your pocket too and telling you what a great deal you just got compared to in the U.S.
Thanks Miguel you would almost think you know me or something......not!

A

AZ Miguel

I would recommend Bryans as they have A\C, great service and a prime rib special too. The cocoanut shrimp are also to die for.

rplarry

OK, where are the best Beer deals in town? BooBar has $2.50 cans/$3 bottles and Chango's HAD $1 drafts. I want to drink but not spend a fortune! Help me out........

View attachment 6373
It can seem expensive at $3 a beer. I know because my mind sometimes has me back in the 80's at $1 beer. But if you inflate at a mere 3% over 25-30 years, you are looking at a 2.50 - 3.00 beer in today's dollars.

Cases of Pacifico in bottles from the distributor are around $26, net about $20 if you return them for your deposit. So, a 'wholesale' beer is close to $1 a piece when purchased in a case or a six pack. That is without overhead as previously mentioned, such as a/c, servers, view, rent, etc.

I know when we used to get $1 beers back in the day, not very many places had a/c.

If you think about it, if you paid $3 bucks a beer or $1 more per beer than what you deemed reasonable and it was over a sitting of 4-5 beers, you might be out an extra 5 bucks. Big deal. You will probable have a/c and be looking over the water.

Now, if you are planning to drink a 12 pack at the bar, over a 3-4 day stint, I would suggest you change your game plan, go get a couple cases, and drink it from your casa.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Bryans is on Blvd Freemont and is the last cantina you will come to if you are going to Las Conchas. Ir is in the same building as REMAX reality and is a fun place to be.

It's on Freemont about 2 blocks from the Pemex at the Las Conchas entrance. It's a great spot with A/C and many LCD TV's.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yes, and the prime rib is yummy! It's only on Friday night. Go around 6 to order as when they run out, that's it. They start bringing it out at 7.... Don't forget to pick me up on the way.......:)

playaperro

El Pirata
I was just kidding I knew what you meant. JJ's is 2.75 a beer. I think for sit down cantinas it is all about the same price. I am not sure what the draft cost at Capones or Bryans but probably not a buck. I was at Sir Vezas 2 weeks ago in Tucson, not a great place but the 12 oz drafts were 5 bucks a piece, so any of the places here are a deal.
I go to Sir Vezas Happy Hour and after 9,the price of a 24 oz Dos XX's is 4 dollars, way better than a dive bar!