Cholla bay ....what a tale!

Thanks Russ,
I enjoyed seeing some of the names at the end of it, that brought back some good memories of RP, when we first started going down in the 80's.

One of them was Betty Munro who was good friends with my wife's Gran parents, they had cabin #7 for awhile in Cholla,
they started going to Cholla in the late 1940's. They had 2 places burn down from using lit candles in a wood structure and too much drinking .

My father-in-law had a ton of old pictures of Cholla and RP posted on his garage walls. They disappeared when he sold his house.

On your website, I liked the Noel's, You tube video of taking a new Cadillac to RP, some of the buildings going to the fish market and the
Cholla shoreline are still recognizable 60 years later.

jerry

image.jpeg Back when you were sort of flying on a wing and a prayer yet actually could fix stuff when it broke...
Thanks Russ,
I enjoyed seeing some of the names at the end of it, that brought back some good memories of RP, when we first started going down in the 80's.

One of them was Betty Munro who was good friends with my wife's Gran parents, they had cabin #7 for awhile in Cholla,
they started going to Cholla in the late 1940's. They had 2 places burn down from using lit candles in a wood structure and too much drinking .

My father-in-law had a ton of old pictures of Cholla and RP posted on his garage walls. They disappeared when he sold his house.

On your website, I liked the Noel's, You tube video of taking a new Cadillac to RP, some of the buildings going to the fish market and the
Cholla shoreline are still recognizable 60 years later.

gup

1971 Story about fishing out of Cholla Bay scavenged from a little fishing shack I bought a couple of years ago. You may recognize some of the characters in the story. Hand typed in book form and super cool. I hope you enjoy it as much as Naomi and I did when we found it. A trip to remember
Enjoyed the read "A trip to remember." Haven't made any excursions, comparable to their trip, but have enjoyed RP, since our arrival in 1991.

View attachment 8669
Using this map-o Homeport dreaming as a visual aid......The story....second time this month I have heard from people that there is a plan in the works to cut a canal from the Homeport area around Cholla bay turning it into an island and allowing boats to pass throug to moorings on each side.....anyone heard those? I got it from a Agua Prieta attorney...
J: I once saw Gus Brown's plan to do this 30 years ago. The large tidal movement and the sandy bottom would make me a non-investor.

Landshark

1971 Story about fishing out of Cholla Bay scavenged from a little fishing shack I bought a couple of years ago. You may recognize some of the characters in the story. Hand typed in book form and super cool. I hope you enjoy it as much as Naomi and I did when we found it. A trip to remember
I finally got around to reading this. Read it sitting on the beach, the perfect setting for a very cool story. Thanks for sharing!