Chorizo stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon

:chef: Let's lighten things up around here. I've got a recipe for stuffed jalapeno peppers that'll knock your socks off. A picture of the finished product and a bit more info at http://rptides.blogspot.com/2009/09/stuffed-jalapenos.html

CHORIZO STUFFED JALAPENOS WRAPPED IN BACON:

Ingredients:

• 24 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers
  • 1 lb. Fresh Mexican Chorizo, removed from casing (you can substitute pork sausage if chorizo isn't available)
  • 24 slices bacon
  • 1 tsp finely minced garlic
  • 8 oz. shredded Queso Fresco, Adobero cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, or other white cheese
  • 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
  • 1 Tbs. oil
Directions:

Cut a slit in each jalapeno, starting near the crown and ending near the tip, and gently squeeze open like a pocket to scoop out the seeds and membranes. A small spoon works well for this. The more seeds and membranes you remove, the less hot the final product will be.

In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onions till soft. Add the garlic and chorizo, and crumble the sausage with the back of a wooden spoon as it cooks. You want it to be as crumbly as possible, to fit properly into the peppers. Stir fry for about 8 minutes till the sausage is cooked through. Transfer the mixture to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Cool until easy to handle.

Mix together the Queso Fresco or other white Mexican Cheese and softened cream cheese. Set aside.

Using your fingers or a small spoon, stuff the peppers half full of the cheese mixture, pressing it along the bottom and sides of the peppers to form a little pocket.

Stuff the chorizo mixture into the cheese pocket, pressing it down to get as much as possible inside each pepper.

Using a toothpick, secure one end of a bacon slice to one end of the pepper. Wrap the pepper around the pepper to the opposite end, and secure the other end with another toothpick. (smaller peppers may only require 1/2 slice; use your own judgment).

Continue until all peppers are wrapped, then set aside in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill them.

Preheat grill to medium hot heat. Grill peppers for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes so the bacon is evenly browned and the peppers thoroughly roasted. Remove to a serving platter, let cool just a bit, take out the toothpicks and serve peppers warm with plenty of paper napkins and a cold beer.

JimMcG

Let's lighten things up around here. I've got a recipe for stuffed jalapeno peppers that'll knock your socks off. A picture of the finished product and a bit more info at http://rptides.blogspot.com/2009/09/stuffed-jalapenos.html

CHORIZO STUFFED JALAPENOS WRAPPED IN BACON:

Ingredients:

• 24 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers
  • 1 lb. Fresh Mexican Chorizo, removed from casing (you can substitute pork sausage if chorizo isn't available)
  • 24 slices bacon
  • 1 tsp finely minced garlic
  • 8 oz. shredded Queso Fresco, Adobero cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, or other white cheese
  • 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
  • 1 Tbs. oil
Directions:

Cut a slit in each jalapeno, starting near the crown and ending near the tip, and gently squeeze open like a pocket to scoop out the seeds and membranes. A small spoon works well for this. The more seeds and membranes you remove, the less hot the final product will be.

In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onions till soft. Add the garlic and chorizo, and crumble the sausage with the back of a wooden spoon as it cooks. You want it to be as crumbly as possible, to fit properly into the peppers. Stir fry for about 8 minutes till the sausage is cooked through. Transfer the mixture to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Cool until easy to handle.

Mix together the Queso Fresco or other white Mexican Cheese and softened cream cheese. Set aside.

Using your fingers or a small spoon, stuff the peppers half full of the cheese mixture, pressing it along the bottom and sides of the peppers to form a little pocket.

Stuff the chorizo mixture into the cheese pocket, pressing it down to get as much as possible inside each pepper.

Using a toothpick, secure one end of a bacon slice to one end of the pepper. Wrap the pepper around the pepper to the opposite end, and secure the other end with another toothpick. (smaller peppers may only require 1/2 slice; use your own judgment).

Continue until all peppers are wrapped, then set aside in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill them.

Preheat grill to medium hot heat. Grill peppers for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes so the bacon is evenly browned and the peppers thoroughly roasted. Remove to a serving platter, let cool just a bit, take out the toothpicks and serve peppers warm with plenty of paper napkins and a cold beer.
Sounds great. Try roughly the same thing with fresh jumbo shrimp.
Caution! You might be tempted to rant and rave about them.:p;):mexico::usa:

Sounds great. Try roughly the same thing with fresh jumbo shrimp.
Caution! You might be tempted to rant and rave about them.:p;):mexico::usa:
Jim I must compliment you on your expert use of the smileys... you can display them to the fullest extent on every post...

if I were able to use one or two of those smileys, they would certainly be the the wink and the cool dude in those Foster Grants... keep on smiling...

JimMcG

Jim I must compliment you on your expert use of the smileys... you can display them to the fullest extent on every post...

if I were able to use one or two of those smileys, they would certainly be the the wink and the cool dude in those Foster Grants... keep on smiling...
You sound pretty cool yourself, amigo.:sunny::cool:;-):boat:

You sound pretty cool yourself, amigo.:sunny::cool:;-):boat:
damn I like your steadfast adherence to consistency in the way you post those smileys... have you ever thought where this world would be without smileys? an animated icon sure beats the hell out of an accronym of our bodily functions PIMPLE <- pissin in my pants laughing endlessly

Last edited:

JimMcG

damn I like your steadfast adherence to consistency in the way you post those smileys... have you ever thought where this world would be without smileys? an animated icon sure beats the hell out of an accronym of our bodily functions PIMPLE <- pissin in my pants laughing endlessly
Smileys don't actually come naturally to me, but it seems to cut down on the pixel, lynch mobs which form on some international wannabe, bad ass, web sites. :-?:mad::roll::p

You could do worse. Ya know, going through posting withdrawals can be hard on the waistline. :D

Hey, if anyone has some great recipes they'd be willing to share I'd love to post them on the Tides. No money involved, sorry to say, but you'd get bragging rights. :D

I like that link you posted, Jerry. Thnx. (but it's a gal, not a guy)

Last edited:

I think your "aviator smiley" is Great!
The recipes sound good also. (just wish I liked shrimp)
Our uncle used to make scampi. Lemon,garlic and butter shrimp
with pasta, everyone seemed to enjoy it.