Circus Mexicus Weekend

Hi guys and gals.....are you ready for a great weekend in Rocky Point? June 5th through the 8th it will be non-stop fun. Be sure to come by your favorite third world cantina Thursday night and again on Sunday to take part of the Circus Mexicus festivities! Remember that Sunday is PH Naffah's "Hot dog and a smile" money raised from this event goes to local charities and you will have a great time listening to and meeting the different band members that will be hangin at the cantina!JJ's Stage June 2013 (Medium) (Small).JPG

Just announced in addition to the great music coming Thursday night we will also have a few other types of artist showing their wares come by before the show and take a look, they will be set up inside the cantina in the area around the pool tables

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I am ready, I found a bottle on the shelf.
.View attachment 6826
I still have my bottle from the 1st batch of 1000, #765 unopened. Don't drink it, splurge and buy a new one. Mine bid up to $257 when I ran it on Ebay a couple years ago. I put a reserve of $500 on it at the time. It will bring that much soon! <hic> ;)

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Question: Where is the concert being held Sat. night? The Reef, as before?

I still have my bottle from the 1st batch of 1000, #765 unopened. Don't drink it, splurge and buy a new one. Mine bid up to $257 when I ran it on Ebay a couple years ago. I put a reserve of $500 on it at the time. It will bring that much soon! <hic> ;)
I sold my first one for 250 on Ebay. Too expensive for me to drink.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Question: Where is the concert being held Sat. night? The Reef, as before?
The concert Friday night and Saturday night will be at Banditos, formerly the Hut formerly Changos, not at the actual bar but across the street on the huge lot in front of Sonoran Spa. It is already smoothed out and the fencing is being established today

I have never been, but I hear the one they had at the Reef was great cuz it was close to the ocean with lots of sand.
I am familiar with that vacant lot, I wonder if they will bring in some fresh beach sand.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The concert Friday night and Saturday night will be at Banditos, formerly the Hut formerly Changos, not at the actual bar but across the street on the huge lot in front of Sonoran Spa. It is already smoothed out and the fencing is being established today
Thanks, Russ! In front of the Son Spa... so NOT on the beach?? That was what nice about the Reef... that nice ocean breeze!!

badfish

The show at the Reef was to crowded. To small a space. I have seen them at this location and it is much better.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We're talking over 3800 tix sold for this event people coming in from 8 different countries and more than a dozen states. The lot in front of the Spa is a perfect venue for this size of a concert. The beach set up at the reef was great but there was a natural sound battle going on with the ocean.

Looks like a near sellout. I have been looking around for places to stay for the past couple weeks and not much to be had.
Glad I may my reservations early :)

Circus Mexicus - RCPM

CIRCUS MEXICUS XXIII DIA UNO!

4-10p Will Call/Box Office at JJ's.

5:30p - Roger christens Banditos at Banditos Cantina

7:30p - Random Karma at JJ's

9p - Ghetto Cowgirl at JJ's

10p - The Hickman-Dalton Gang at JJ's. Full band with PH and Nick.

¡Vámonos! to Mexico!

Last edited:

fasteddy

Just ran into roger while he was having lunch at banditos said they were having a little problem with the equipment at the border but was ready to go. He also statedt that's why he calls it a circus! I was surprised how small he is as normally when I see him I'm seeing double :)
Ed