Cockfighting At Manny's Beach Club

jerry

Well Known Member
Also out of the question: Steve McCarty of Steve Miller fame, Curly Smith of Boston fame and an all Rock Star band
featuring Jimmy Crespo, Gary Moon, leon Bisquera, David Lewark, Terry Anderson and Paul Mcdermand?
Do the even make Bic lighters any more?
GV Jack would just rub two sticks together to honor his bands back in the day

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
... looks like a place for Girls to put on their high heels, doll up and flash their latest bling ... while the roosters in Penasco put on pants, shoes and collared shirts to try to impress. Sounds born in the last 1 to 3 years fill the air... no booths selling tchotchkes to the patrons....or strange Karaoke sounds welcome....
When Coco first built it it was a titty bar (maybe 2003), when his term as mayor of Penasco was up, he ran for diputado or to us like a senator or representative and won, thats how he became known as the dipu-table to the towns folk. I think Elixer as it is has been around for 6 or 7 years.

playaperro

El Pirata
If these "MOCOS" only knew who's fooling who, EE mi amigo Bill how far down are you with the hotel across the street?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
If these "MOCOS" only knew who's fooling who, EE mi amigo Bill how far down are you with the hotel across the street?
AC, I fenced it and put it up for sale. P.S. I fenced it because of Elixer, people were drinking there and dumping all of they're garbage.Not to mention what they were doing in the unfinished rooms and pool. If I was 30 I'd be doin' it to.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The mayor (a sitting Mayor) first built this as a titty bar????? Are you kidding?
His term as mayor was up in 2003, and thats about when it opened, but it was run as a titty bar when he was a diputado, thats why they called him the dipu-table for table dance.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Current music - young people, a nice lounge-type atmosphere with couches - bottle service.
Good looking people, dancing, no hats sandals or wife beaters. Always packed after midnight, ~~~Traigos~~~ till 3am. DJ spinning the hotest ~~~~MUSICA~~~~ in RP... and everything else mentioned. After going to Elixir for so many years now, I dont think I'd ever go back to a Manny's or Baja Cantina style "CLUB" again. The NEW ERA has begun and "DANCE CLUBS" like Elixir will dominate the market! Im sure we can keep Manny's and Pink Caddy open for the bikers and wife beaters/ guy or gal that hasnt showered all spring break...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
His term as mayor was up in 2003, and thats about when it opened, but it was run as a titty bar when he was a diputado, thats why they called him the dipu-table for table dance.
Lagrimas, are we talking about the same Coco? Like in his 30's Coco? Hes from Penasco and went to ASU? Unless there is a Coco Sr and Jr...

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Lagrimas, are we talking about the same Coco? Like in his 30's Coco? Hes from Penasco and went to ASU? Unless there is a Coco Sr and Jr...
There is a big Coco and little Coco, big Coco's real name is Rodrigo, not sure about little Coco, but probably the same. .

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Good looking people, dancing, no hats sandals or wife beaters. Always packed after midnight, ~~~Traigos~~~ till 3am. DJ spinning the hotest ~~~~MUSICA~~~~ in RP... and everything else mentioned. After going to Elixir for so many years now, I dont think I'd ever go back to a Manny's or Baja Cantina style "CLUB" again. The NEW ERA has begun and "DANCE CLUBS" like Elixir will dominate the market! Im sure we can keep Manny's and Pink Caddy open for the bikers and wife beaters/ guy or gal that hasnt showered all spring break...
You stick to the places you enjoy....and I'll stick to mine....probably won't ever meet at the same place....:crybaby:....NOT!!! But there is no need to put down those who do not share your "tastes" in entertainment or music. Are they enforcing the no-smoking inside Elixir?

BTW, I hardly ever bring down clothes that would meet the "dress standards" at Elixir....I prefer t's, shorts, and flip-flops/sandals when I'm in Penasco!

mis2810

Well Known Member
And all I was trying to say was why not give Elixir some competition at Manny's (after a renovation) and open a place like that on weekend afternoons too?

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
And all I was trying to say was why not give Elixir some competition at Manny's (after a renovation) and open a place like that on weekend afternoons too?
Maybe you should check with Manny Sr......he might be willing to take on a partner with some cash (for those renovations)! I heard those "renovations" over at the Wrecked at the Reef when it moved over to the old Reef Bar were pretty expensive!

jerry

Well Known Member
An unnamed person once came down to my house with the "monster Hits of the 80s" cd bundle.....is it legal to murder such a person?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
You stick to the places you enjoy....and I'll stick to mine....probably won't ever meet at the same place....:crybaby:....NOT!!! But there is no need to put down those who do not share your "tastes" in entertainment or music. Are they enforcing the no-smoking inside Elixir?

BTW, I hardly ever bring down clothes that would meet the "dress standards" at Elixir....I prefer t's, shorts, and flip-flops/sandals when I'm in Penasco!
Definitely not enforcing the smoking ban and that in my opinion is the only downside. However, I guess neither does ~~~~ GUA GUAS~~~~ come to think of it!

GringoZona

Well Known Member
Maybe you should check with Manny Sr......he might be willing to take on a partner with some cash (for those renovations)! I heard those "renovations" over at the Wrecked at the Reef when it moved over to the old Reef Bar were pretty expensive!
When Wrecked (or The Reef Beach Club, as it was sometimes promoted as) reopened with that classy white linen and pine IKEA-looking patio lounge/DJ area, it appeared to be busy, per the promotions and photos I saw posted on their Facebook page. I haven't seen much from them in general, and every time I ask if that place does any business these days I get no reply. I feel bad for not heading out there, but by 9pm, the thought of driving all the way down in the dark is major buzzkill. If I knew the unlit sandy road towards Cholla Bay as well as I did through Las Conchas, maybe it would be a different story. That said... Maybe when they go under Manny can get that furniture on the cheap!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Wrecked at the reef is a great place not just during the night James. It has a great chef and the food and atmosphere is killer! It is clean, it is up scale a bit but it sits on a beautiful strand of beach - Sometimes we go there in the afternoon for fish and chips and it always rocks! FYI