Competition in the Shuttle Business....

B

bahiatrader

Human smuggling is a lucrative business. Illegal Mexicans typically pay upwards of $2,000.00 apiece to travel all over the US from "travel agencies" close to the border. It's just another aspect of the so-called Mexican Mafia. They sometimes get busted, but are usually back in business within a few days.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member

Quoted from the article: "While we applaud honest law enforcement work to rid our neighborhoods of smugglers, drug dealers and other dangerous elements, we are concerned about the timing of an ICE operation that seems to be as much designed for media consumption as anything else," Pablo Alvarado, executive director of the National Day Laborer Organizing Network, said in a statement. "We are worried ICE Director Morton's intense media campaign to publicize this action will only contribute to a climate of fear that is already sending shockwaves across the state and country."

Like there's a wrong and a right time to bust somebody for human smuggling?? Gee, maybe ICE should publicly announce in the media that they'll be taking these scumbags down two weeks from Thursday at 9:30 in the morning?

Hey Pablo - how's about you try being part of the solution instead of being part of the problem? Be afraid. Very, very afraid!! The easy days of illegals standing on the corner of every Home Depot in this state looking for work is over. And if that's what it takes to save one life, to keep one person from crossing (and dying in) the desert, or being held for ransom in a drop house while their family in Mexico scrambles to put together and wire money, then it's damned well worth it! I hope it sends the message loud and clear that there is no easy-to-get work here; stay home with your wives and families. Don't take the risk; you'll get caught.

Keep b1tchin' Pablo, I'm sure ICE would love to pay your organization a visit! Why the media would even publish two words of what this guy thinks is just plain stupid -- day labor has been a huge part of the problem all along!

A

AZ Miguel

It’s about time our government took action on a problem that has had a detrimental impact on so many aspects. I see in the near future that we will have active duty military guarding our borders and using lethal force to keep them secure. I’m ready for state bill 1070 to go into effect, I’ve been asked many times at BP check points if I was an American citizen, I don’t take it as they were racial profiling me, just to confirm my immigration status. Is an I-9 form racial profiling me every time I complete one?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Submarine

$2000?? Hell, I'll get as many illegals across the border that want to for half that price.

Using my giant slingshot. (I didn't say they would be in one piece when they got there)