Crab Fishing

Landshark

We usually steam clams or cook them on the smoker. Either way we pull them as soon as they have popped open. I doubt they ever get 170 degrees. Never had a problem. Don't plan to change the way we prepare them as they are awesome as is.

[/QUOTE]Yes, I have read that feces can be eaten after it is cooked to kill the e-coli. Mmmmmm delicioso.[/QUOTE]

I dare you! LOL.

Oh Boy Hill Bear..........

That was great! As a matter of fact I have a FOOT LONG Mr. Hankey plush doll with a sailor hat hanging in the cabin on my boat. My wife gave it to me for Christmas seven or eight years ago.

I'll tell ya a shitty RP story. We used to work with a scuba instructor who got the greatest kick out of telling his students the various facets of pee and poo in your wet suit whilst down deep. And to make sure they would get the chance to experience the pleasure, he would always make his first stop in RP at a two wheel slop cart in the Old Port operated by an old guy named "Chino". Chino's condiments to include guacamole, salsa and whatever were always exposed to the swarms of airborne shit eaters that abound in that neighborhood. Of course within a few hours of enjoying Chino's delectable cuisine every student had a raging case of good old Montezuma's Revenge. And...they still had two days of diving to do. I always felt sorry for the scuba shop girls in RP and here in Yuma that had to clean up those shitty rental wet suits as well as the next batch of students that would have to rent them again.

JJ

Oh my goodness, I just laughed so freakin hard. Everything for me can usually be summed up in a Southpark or Family Guy episode, so I could visualize your story competely.

It was a gross visual, but hilarious none the less.

You are right though, those poor poor wet suits and the people that have to clean them. :confused:

Landshark

They should be safe to eat as long as you cook them correctly, 170 degrees minimum. Also be sure to throw out the ones that are open before cooking and don't try to eat the ones that are still closed after cooking as they are probably not done. I don't worry much during the colder months but during the summer you better follow the rules.

JB123

Thanks. Does anyone have a link to the local health department or whomever is responsible for issuing warnings about paralytic shellfish poisoning when the conditions exist?

playaperro

El Pirata
Thanks. Does anyone have a link to the local health department or whomever is responsible for issuing warnings about paralytic shellfish poisoning when the conditions exist?
Periodico De Frente
March 27 ·
Regulación Sanitaria de Puerto Peñasco informa:

Se levanta veda a almejas y almeja generosa desde costas de “La Cholla” hasta playa frente a preparatoria Cet-Mar.

Continúa veda sanitaria por toxina paralizante en mariscos bivaldos para zonas del Estero Morúa, La Cinita y Cerro Prieto.

"}" data-reactid=".rg" style="color: rgb(98, 122, 173); cursor: pointer;">Like · Comment · Share