Crime - Surprised it isn't here yet...

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Here, as in a thread on this forum, which has become the sleepy little village that Penasco used to be. I'm connected with the Penasco group on Facebook and to hear them tell it, houses are getting broken into and ripped off in near epidemic fashion at the moment, even stealing pictures off the walls!

If it was just ONE person saying it, I'd sort of pooh-pooh the whole thing. But there are a number of people with very similar stories of break-ins and thefts recently.

Watch your six; it all sounds pretty legit. The gringo contingent is trying to rally the mayor and police force to do something about it.

PS - I HATE thieves!!!! :mad:

flicks

Well Known Member
Here, as in a thread on this forum, which has become the sleepy little village that Penasco used to be. I'm connected with the Penasco group on Facebook and to hear them tell it, houses are getting broken into and ripped off in near epidemic fashion at the moment, even stealing pictures off the walls!

If it was just ONE person saying it, I'd sort of pooh-pooh the whole thing. But there are a number of people with very similar stories of break-ins and thefts recently.

Watch your six; it all sounds pretty legit. The gringo contingent is trying to rally the mayor and police force to do something about it.

PS - I HATE thieves!!!! :mad:
I saw that on FB as well!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
So it appears that there is an organized group of thugs that are targeting vacant properties as well as locals. I doubt they know anything about the laws and the changes coming down. They are simply opportunistic . They have an IQ just above a flea. (sorry fleas) They will be caught because they are stupid, lawless, and hated by the community. I will do my part in getting rid of these parasites in whatever way I can, I may need to set up a gofundme page for my jail release.

Roberto

Well Known Member
It's bad. I know of two examples here thieves came into houses with residents in bed and robbed the places. Both were visiting renters. Boh packed up and left early.

There was a special meeting with Las Conchas security to discuss the problem.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Yeah -- This is something the municipal government had better suddenly become more interested in, unless they want to reawaken the tourist-ghost-town situation.

Roberto

Well Known Member
From a person who attended the meeting with the city police. The Chief was unavailable.

It is not the responsibility of the police to investigate a report andt0 try to find the perps. That is the responsibility of the Ministerio Publico or DA.

The police must catch someone in the act before they can do anything.

If you catch someone robbing your home you must detain them and call the police who will then respond, As above, the police will not search for the miscreants, apparently even if they are walking down the street next to our house carrying your stuff.

You are permitted to use only the level of force used by the robbers. If they push you can push back. If the have a machete you can use one too, or a crowbar, or a stick or a rock, or.... So have these items on hand just in case.

So be proactive and protect your stuff as no one else will.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
From a person who attended the meeting with the city police. The Chief was unavailable.

It is not the responsibility of the police to investigate a report andt0 try to find the perps. That is the responsibility of the Ministerio Publico or DA.

The police must catch someone in the act before they can do anything.

If you catch someone robbing your home you must detain them and call the police who will then respond, As above, the police will not search for the miscreants, apparently even if they are walking down the street next to our house carrying your stuff.

You are permitted to use only the level of force used by the robbers. If they push you can push back. If the have a machete you can use one too, or a crowbar, or a stick or a rock, or.... So have these items on hand just in case.

So be proactive and protect your stuff as no one else will.
Wow! The police don't want to/can't apprehend someone for burglary???? YOU have to catch and hold them? I see a whole new app like Pokemon Go based on this philosophy... Ladrón Go.

The use of force thing creates huge problems. I know you can't have a gun, but I think I'd have a baseball bat near at hand at all times! Ooops!!! Poor
ladrón fell down the front steps and hurt himself... :D