Critical water shortage in Penasco

Hope they don't have to dig up concrete to repair water or sewer that would be a mess on all the new roads!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So............

A couple of dumb questions from una tourista muy ignorante.

Is there a sewage system in PP? If so where is the treatment plant? The Pitahaya in Mirador uses big pipes that drain theirs directly into the sea, you can see them when diving off there, always lots of chubby Cochies and Cabrillas nearby enjoying the stew. What about Las Conchas, where does that all go? Years back I had a house in the old part of town that had a septic tank that filled up every four of five months, what a pain in the culo that was. If the water system barely works how can a sewage system work?

Any answers?

JJ

So............

A couple of dumb questions from una tourista muy ignorante.

Is there a sewage system in PP? If so where is the treatment plant? The Pitahaya in Mirador uses big pipes that drain theirs directly into the sea, you can see them when diving off there, always lots of chubby Cochies and Cabrillas nearby enjoying the stew. What about Las Conchas, where does that all go? Years back I had a house in the old part of town that had a septic tank that filled up every four of five months, what a pain in the culo that was. If the water system barely works how can a sewage system work?

Any answers?

JJ
The condos have a sewer system that reclaims and treats the water for the golf courses and to water the road to Cholla Bay.
One treatment plant is at the west end of Rodeo drive another on the northside of the road driving past the Sonoran properties.

Most everything in Cholla Bay and much of the older parts of RP have septic systems.

There might be some houses/businesses on sewer systems but I'm not aware of any other than the condos.
Also two years ago Borracho flats in Cholla (east end as you drive in) had water/sewer and street lights installed..

Roberto

Unconscious is all on septic tanks. There are sewer line throughout the Mirador and many other locals in town. Treatment lagoon is on the far south eastern part of town near the RR line. you can smell it sometimes.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
You realize how stupid you sound? What you said to me is the equivalent of me saying to you "Must not have gotten any from your wife last night." Don't need a crystal ball to see how you're voting this year.
You are an idiot... my comment was directed to the once a month keyboard battle that goes on. Interesting that you read so much into my simple comment of 'must be that time of the month' to the point of assuming that a comment was directed at you and your menstrual cycle. My comment was in general to the thread. I will repeat... you are an idiot.

If properly managed septic tanks seldom fail. Add 3 packs of Brewers Dry Yast 3 times a year and they consume the solids.

Also use the Yellow be Mellow and only flush solids. Sinks showers drain to plants in the yards. Move drain line once every two weeks to prevent smells

Saves water and beautifys the landscape AND IT DOES WORK

If properly managed septic tanks seldom fail. Add 3 packs of Brewers Dry Yast 3 times a year and they consume the solids.

Also use the Yellow be Mellow and only flush solids. Sinks showers drain to plants in the yards. Move drain line once every two weeks to prevent smells

Saves water and beautifys the landscape AND IT DOES WORK
Absolutely true if the tank and leach fields were designed and installed properly.

ben21

You are an idiot... my comment was directed to the once a month keyboard battle that goes on. Interesting that you read so much into my simple comment of 'must be that time of the month' to the point of assuming that a comment was directed at you and your menstrual cycle. My comment was in general to the thread. I will repeat... you are an idiot.
Haha I see you're going with the Donald Trump defense. Anyone with half a brain knew you were directing it towards her. If you actually thought people would think otherwise, then perhaps you're the idiot here?

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Haha I see you're going with the Donald Trump defense. Anyone with half a brain knew you were directing it towards her. If you actually thought people would think otherwise, then perhaps you're the idiot here?
It was directed toward the 3-5 members who were battling it out over something stupid (applied to the same men/women who bitch about something on a monthly basis.) It wasn't directed toward any specific person, just a general statement about the thread. stop being a sensitive tonto

Last edited:

mis2810

My thoughts exactly - I can't even begin to bother anymore ... "Donald Trump Defense" - LOL

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
No we still have shortages due to equipment failure and that same equipment being repaired or replaced. I don't have the current status of the repairs but I have been told to expect intermittent water on my side of town for a few weeks while new stuff gets installed. We will conserve.

Well that's not going to happen with a little rain will not Replenish water table conserve drill more wells and desalination but that takes a lot of money. Even though it is not convenient that in Cholla we have to truck our water in I don't care makes you conservative and at the same time we are supporting the local water truck owners and drivers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 on supporting the water truck owners and drivers. At my place in Cholla having only 600 gallons of water to use in-between fill ups
does make you conserve.
When all 4 of our kids come down that 600 gallons goes in 4-5 days even with the yellow brown rule of flushing.
Our 2 girls don't know anything but taking 20+ min showers.
I would rather not install more water capacity per their suggestions.