Critical water shortage in Penasco

JimMcG

I also am very appreciative that enough locals are willing to acquire and maintain water trucks so that I can have water.

I fitted all my shower heads with small water saver restrictors and recently installed a new water saver, kitchen faucet and it became immediately obvious that I don't have to fill my tank as often. Conservation is the name of the game!

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Because we don't have a gray water system, I keep a bucket in my kitchen sink to wash our hands, rinse off dishes, etc. Then use the bucket to water some plants.

azdiva

When the Cambodian refuges were sheltered in Los Angeles in some apts,they discovered an amazing fish cooker appliance was available
to them. The Automatic Dishwasher; There is even a cookbook using it.

MIRAMAR

Aug. 4th: "The Municipal Potable Water, Drainage, and Sewage Office (OOMAPAS) reports two wells are currently being rehabilitated, one at Ejido Kennedy and another at Ejido Agua Zarca, due to damage caused by strong rains in recent days that impacted two additional wells. Therefore, there may exist low pressure and water shortages in some parts of the city.
Two of these wells will be back in the network by Saturday morning. We encourage you to use remaining water wisely, and are sorry for any inconvenience." - OOMAPAS

Roberto

According to recent contact of the City with the HOA at Las Conchas The water supply has become worse with no water to Las Conchas and to most areas of the city for at least the next few days. The large tank on Whale hill that has served the MIrador is dry. They reported there may be insufficient water to load trucks. There were at least 12 tankers parked around the delivery point on Benito Juarez today. I passed what looked like a heated competition for a delivery truck in Las Conchas today. I notice far fewer trucks passing my Casita today.

Going to be bad for rentals. Check your tank if you have one and pee outside. I got paper stuff for the kitchen so I don't have to wash dishes and filled all the 5 gal bottles I could find. If there is no water in the street it might be that one cannot buy water at the usual places. There was actually and unusually 5 vehicles buying water this afternoon at Reyna on Sinaloa

JoseAz

oh my! History has shown that it is sometimes that limits resources. I'm hopeful the PP government is truly focused on the problems and will do everything they can to get water pumping again

As of Saturday morning, the water line going to Cholla Bay still had water flowing to it, but it takes 3-5 hours to fill a truck vs the usual 30-45 minutes. This is from my water delivery guy.
This line is from the same supply that services the condos, so it appears the condos still have water delivery,

Another friend who lives on Constitution in the north end of town has only the water left in his 1200 liter tank. He said that there hasn't been any water running to his house in 5 days.
He had his water truck buddy drive from Cholla to fill it, when his neighbors saw that, the water truck guy ended up selling the remainder of the water to people with tanks who
lined up demanding water. He ended up filling most tanks only 1/2 full to keep people from getting unruly. I also hear the water delivery guys in town are very territorial and fights have happened.

I wonder if my tanks at my Cholla house will have anything in them when I return in October.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I live up on the North end of Constitucion as well and we have not had running water from the city since Thursday but we still have water in the tank that should last for a week or so.

Put timers on the showers. Water on soap water off and scrub. Water on and rinse. Run time should be only a few min.
Explain they have to conserve and time them.

Put timers on the showers. Water on soap water off and scrub. Water on and rinse. Run time should be only a few min.
Explain they have to conserve and time them.
That's a good one. Because teenage girls don't speak our language. Yet. ;)

They actually do ok, because the showers are less than 20 minutes, usually.
They don't realize that I am using a 3.0 gpm pump set at 45 psi, and have 1.5gpm shower heads.
They only complain about the pressure not being great and that makes rinsing their long hair a pain.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
That's a good one. Because teenage girls don't speak our language. Yet. ;)

They actually do ok, because the showers are less than 20 minutes, usually.
They don't realize that I am using a 3.0 gpm pump set at 45 psi, and have 1.5gpm shower heads.
They only complain about the pressure not being great and that makes rinsing their long hair a pain.

That would not sit well with LUCKY CHUCKY... growing up in the CB I've been yelled at for washing my hands too long. Grey water gets put on the plants outside however I still cant resist the urge to flush when the collective gets too yellow... nasty! If you're flushing every 4 times you're helping more than most but letting it go any longer is savage.

#CHOLLABAYFORLIFE

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
My water was turned off last Thursday and was totally off Saturday Sunday and Monday, we had about a 1/4 tank come into the tank on Tuesday and as of today Thursday...we are totally full and have street pressure once again.

Any update on the water situation in Las Conchas? My contractor said he hasnt had water in days and had to have water truck fill the underground tank twice to keep working on the stucco and painting.