Crossed yesterday

DeeDee

Finally crossed the border yesterday. Found it unusual that we were questioned by the USA Customs, not the Mexican Customs. We were asked the 2 normal questions, where are we going? & for how long? We were then asked where did we come from? When did we leave Canada? & how long did it take us to get here? I told him we came from B.C., left Canada Jan. 2 & that today (yesterday) was the 17th, so it took us 15 days. He looked at me & said okay, have a good trip. Thought it was all odd. off topic abit, is it always windy here? Both yesterday & today around 2-3 p.m., the wind is blowing, putting on pants & sweaters to keep warm. Brought extra blankets to give to charity, may have to keep them for awhile.:think:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Welcome to Amerika! We are now the world police. When they x-rayed my boat going into Mexico (not the US), I thought I had eaten too much LSD in my youth and was having a flashback. Nope. Just our way of kissin' ass to Mexico for letting all those Fast and Furious guns grow legs and walk themselves right over the border!

What you experienced is the "new norm" crossing the border. :rofl:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Welcome to Amerika! We are now the world police. When they x-rayed my boat going into Mexico (not the US), I thought I had eaten too much LSD in my youth and was having a flashback. Nope. Just our way of kissin' ass to Mexico for letting all those Fast and Furious guns grow legs and walk themselves right over the border!

What you experienced is the "new norm" crossing the border. :rofl:
But, it seems like it only goes to that level in Lukeville, I have crossed in San Luis and Mexicali in October, Nogales earlier this month and when we flew into Phoenix from Mexcio City last summer and have never been questioned like we get questioned in Lukeville. My last trip down to RP, Fabiola after the chicken sh#t started in asked him, if he thought we were f#4king criminals. I made the mistake of telling the jackass I was only going down for the day, that just blew his mind. At the end of it all, he walked to the back of my pickup and wrote down, my license plate, oh boy!! I can hardly wait to see what that causes.

Has anybody noticed the lack of inspections by the Mexican side? My last 2 trips down, there were no agents even standing in the inspection area where you cross....nobody!!! Got the green light and that was it.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Has anybody noticed the lack of inspections by the Mexican side? My last 2 trips down, there were no agents even standing in the inspection area where you cross....nobody!!! Got the green light and that was it.

I havent gotten the red in quite some time now. Pry cant even remember the last time. Of course, Im still getting the full court press on the American side with them having a little too much fun with the density reader! Tapping all my fenders to see if they're hollow lol, obviously!

Talked to a friend of mine who crossed two weeks ago on a Friday afternoon. A female CBP agent asked the usual questions and then asked how much money she was taking down. She told her less than 10k. The agent asked again how much and she said less than 10k. The agent got pushy demanding to know how exactly how much she had with her. My friend replied she was under no oligation to declare an amount less than 10k. The agent got an attitude and my friend eventually relented and said a few hundred dollars. Now that we all know how all of the weapons got into Mexico you would think this farce and charade would end. Last week there was a story in the news how the CIA helped the cartels launder money. There was one example of how a CIA plane loaded with cartel money left Mexico, landed in Houston for refueling and then flew on to Europe. Of course, that won't deter our government from continuing to harass its own citizens to cover its own criminal acts.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
All I can tell you is don't tell the agent that you didn't find what you went for.......My friend lives in Sierra Vista and I was down visiting. We went to Naco to buy a wooden picture frame. They saw us go thru, it's so small. We didn't find the frame so we bought 2 bottles of Ron Bacardi Anejo and came back. We were there less than 10 minutes. This was years ago when me and my friend were young. The agent asked why we came back so quickly. That's when I uttered the famous words that kept us in secondary for 2 hours! They had my van in pieces all over the ground.........