Crossing 10-11

A

azbeachboy

At 10:00am we had about a fifteen minute wait. All three lanes were open and we were only one car in to Mexico. The agents have a new "toy" They placed it on the side of my truck in a few places and played with the dial. At the first check point they were looking in trunks and climbing in to truck beds. They also had the dogs out.

B

Baja_Hutch

Hmmm. A new toy huh? I wonder what that is supposed to find.

Shawno

We arrived at the border at 6:30 pm on Sunday to find a pretty big line. All lanes were open but it still took over an hour to get across.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
we left at 9:30 am from PP on Monday 12th and surprised me to see so many cars, since Columbus day is not an official holiday, we waited 50 minutes, and I saw at least 6 custom agents dealing with the traffic even before you get to x-ray machine, I wonder if they were specting something big to come thru? and one of the agents scrutinized me and RockyPointRides, glad to say I had all the paperwork and more that he did not ask for, I guess I am completely in order, business wise, personally I think that I could use one of Jerry's concrete helmets to avoid the voices in my head, specially after tequila!!!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
At 10:00am we had about a fifteen minute wait. All three lanes were open and we were only one car in to Mexico. The agents have a new "toy" They placed it on the side of my truck in a few places and played with the dial. At the first check point they were looking in trunks and climbing in to truck beds. They also had the dogs out.
Same here. I noticed that they are doing a lot of "pre-inspection" now before you even get into the lane at the border. Running the dogs, looking with the mirror, sensing vehicles, etc. Probably because it's cooler weather and they can come out of the shade! I like the idea. When we went through the lane, the only question I was asked was "Well, how was your weekend?" and we answered "BEAUTIFUL!" Handed back our passports and said "Have a safe trip home!"

We hit the border at about 10:30 on Sunday, maybe a 15-20 minute wait.