Crossing 10/4

Terry C

Crazy day there. We hit the border a ways past Wendys at 2:00 or so, took a hour and 15 minutes. Three agents per car, 3 lanes open. Two drug dogs, two other agents checking cars and a police officer in a bullet proof vest walking around the cars.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Ouch, I hit the border at 11am, no line... 2 cars in front of me... 3 lanes open.

However, that police officer with like an AK-47 scared me ;-)

Jim

sniff... feel for me too. No seriously, there were more gringos in the bar this weekend than any so far since we took over. still slow but we'll see. (cross my fingers)

fasteddy

I hit the border around noon - took about 5 minutes to get through.
did have a great time while in RP

I will help

sniff... feel for me too. No seriously, there were more gringos in the bar this weekend than any so far since we took over. still slow but we'll see. (cross my fingers)
I will do my best to throw you some business. At least I will man a stool.

MIRAMAR

We hit the border at 6:00 on Sunday October 4th- 1.5 hour wait! 5 lanes open. I was glad to see more people in Penasco than we've seen for several months, but I wasn't happy about the wait. One of the lanes (over to the east side of the regular lanes) had a van COMPLETELY ripped apart- seats, dashboards, etc., all put out on the pavement. I hope they found what they were looking for.

bdawson

Arrived at 5:00 almost at the Buen Viaje sign...crossed the border at 7:00. Small price for a great weekend, I suppose.

fasteddy

We went down thursday afternoon - the guy asked if we left our weapons at home? we were the only car crossing at the time - it also looked like no inspections were going on on the Mexican side of the border.

That was the same on Labor Day weekend....there was a checkpoint on the US side...and the Mexican side was deserted....there was one guy sitting on a chair watching the tv.....

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
<sigh> As said in my previous thread, it's a ridiculous waste of taxpayer money that we do any type of checks going INTO Mexico!

I am reminded of seeing a man beating his head against a brick wall. So, I ask him "Why are you beating your head against the wall?" He looks at me and says "Because it feels so good when I stop!"

playaperro

El Pirata
Woman is accused of smuggling money
A 32-year-old Mexican woman was indicted last week, accused of trying to smuggle almost $107,000 out of the United States.
Gabina Gabriela Rios-Alvarez was arrested Sept. 5 as she and two others tried to drive into Mexico at the Lukeville Port of Entry, according to documents filed in U.S. District Court in Tucson.
— Brian J. Pedersen

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Geez, she worked hard as a hooker for the past 15 years and they stole her life savings! (totally kidding) ;)