Cruises to start 2019. Make your reservation now.

audsley

Thanks, Russ. Glad you were there to get us a visual.

Not being a cruiser myself, I'd assumed the passengers would board directly onto the deck like they do in the movies. Didn't know cruise ships had walk-in basements.

Trip Advisor isn't showing any reviews yet. I have friends leaving on the next cruise and anxiously await their report in mid-February. If it's positive, I'll consider going next year.

If the cruise company found enough interest and was able to make $$ on the 3 cruises they launched this year.
Then maybe they will find a more modern ship to cruise next year. Time will tell.

Russ, thanks for sharing Eco's pic of the tendering.

Kenny

The reason the departure date was pushed back is that they still had work to do on it before it left port. In other words, pouring more money into it. If they had decided to park it permanently because of projected losses, what at this time would that be based on besides occupancy? In other words, what didn't they get what they were looking for? I was under the assumption that sales were good.
Something else is bothering. Why didn't Russ have a video of the departure? I mean, I've watched his videos of the opening of everything from a taco joint, to him interviewing an acquaintance of mine and asking if he knew he'd blasted the back window out of the Mayer of Puerto Penasco Suburban, from a rock thrown from his sprint car. But no, he doesn't have a video of something he's been cheerleading for how I don't know how long; close to a decade? What's up with that?

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
What is your problem with me Kenny. I wasn't going to go out on a boat to watch a bigger boat float away. I posted about our personal experience on the boat the day before the inaugural launch, I posted about the ease of getting on and off the ship by tenders. This is still a big deal for Peñasco. I doubt I have been cheer leading about the Astoria for "I don't know how long" a decade since I didn't even know she was coming until early last year. Get rid of the hate or whatever it is Bro.

richwi

I read an interesting article that said that the cruise line is simply not renewing its charter with the ships owner. The owner will look for a new operator, but said that given the size and age of the ship it could be difficult. The recent work done on the ship was part of the charter contract that the owner had agreed to. Based on the contract and the built in tax advantages the owner carried out the contracted repairs and upgrades.

Kenny

What is your problem with me Kenny. I wasn't going to go out on a boat to watch a bigger boat float away. I posted about our personal experience on the boat the day before the inaugural launch, I posted about the ease of getting on and off the ship by tenders. This is still a big deal for Peñasco. I doubt I have been cheer leading about the Astoria for "I don't know how long" a decade since I didn't even know she was coming until early last year. Get rid of the hate or whatever it is Bro.
Relax Russ. Why would you have to go out on the boat, or even think you had to? I said the "video of the departure" in my post above. But since you're thinking about the tender, in my mind and from that picture, and with the angle of the steps, I'm sure it was a daunting experience for more than a few. Why would you try to gage my comment in such a short time span by saying you only knew about this particular ship a year ago, when it should have been "pretty easy" for you to know I was talking about the whole time that I've been the naysayer, while you are the cheerleader on this subject The timeline I mentioned is accurate.

Russ, when you were blasting me some years ago for pointing out that the rock they first starting using for the Jetty wouldn't work, and why, you blasted me saying I was a naysayer and whatever else. Was that hate coming from you? "Get rid of the hate or whatever it is Bro."

Relax Russ. Simply, I like your videos and I watch them. I was disappointed that you didn't do a little on the spot video, like the ones you have created in the past. I teased you a little about not being Johny on the spot because, in my opinion, you do that kind of cheerleading video stuff pretty well. But you didn't, so really, what's really up with that?

I actually thought you'd get a kick out of thinking of that story about how Bobby blasted out the Mayor's Suburbans back window with his Sprint Car. It was almost as funny as what he said about the track.

Last edited: