Dead body

MEXIMO

Sorry boys and girls, but on a bit of a rant here. So Monday they found a dead body on the road from the overpass to the coastal higheay. Road was closed for quite some time, body was later identified as a young woman. I have yet to see anything on the forum, this is the rocky point forum, right? I wish people who actually spend a lot of time here had more things to say about what is actually going on here. Don't worry about me though, I have learned plenty about it on facebook rocky point friends and community. If you really want to know what's happening, go there. Sorry Russ, Roberto, Stu.....this forum is getting to be about wishing it could be like it used to be. It ain't, but neither is cali compared to 30 years ago. Belly achin, moaning and complaining ain't doing a damn thing for the people who live here, love it here, or who actually care. Ain't that right estella? I rest my case. Adios.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Enjoy Facebook! And the censorship of those groups! Talk about whining...

It's a shame the girl died. But the only information published so far is exactly what you stated -- a body found in the road.

So, trash us if you must. I'm certain many here read the groups over there. I do. But frankly, I'm kind of glad we no longer get the "Do I need a passport?" posts for the 10,000th time.

And thanks for creating a new user name just to tell us we suck.

jerry

Well Known Member
That overpass sort of cracks me up.In some ways it's more dangerous than the existing road.Sure was for this poor woman.Cartel stuff is heating up but Rocky Point has stayed amazingly calm....you know in murder cases they always scan the crowds at memorials to see what odd looking lone male sticks out...sort of seems "off". I wonder where Meximo was that night?

MEXIMO

Noted. Not sure what you mean about user name? Same one I've always had.
Just frustrating sometimes. I too could go on and on about subsistence hunting in the north country where I'm from, where animals are hunting you as well. Providing meat for my family, or we didn't eat. The greatest fishing in the world, just don't see the relevance. I don't think you suck, just wish it was more about rocky point. And it is a little weird that when we first started to read the forum we assumed the major players were locals. Now that we own here are here most all the time, we have learned that most are not. Don't worry, I'll still pop in for a good laugh.

MEXIMO

Good one jerry! I was at my home on the beach (with endless water supply, I might add) wondering why the coastal highway had no northbound traffic, and Simply thinking how gleeful I was that my broom is still here after all these years. Seriously though, sad for the family of the young womn.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I don't think you suck, just wish it was more about rocky point. And it is a little weird that when we first started to read the forum we assumed the major players were locals. Now that we own here are here most all the time, we have learned that most are not. Don't worry, I'll still pop in for a good laugh.
What you fail to understand is that this forum has existed for about 30+ years, well before Mark Zuckerberg and the rest of the world knew how to take a selfie. It was indeed the source for virtually all things Rocky Point with a strong focus on fishing and fishing reports. Membership still consists of those that live in Rocky Point and those that visit on a regular basis, and even some that hope to live there one day. Try searching if you have a question on something in particular. Or if you have a specific question, ask up.

The forum used to be much more active, but as baby Zuckerberg grew up, Facebook became the instant gratification for more and more users. Traffic here slowed greatly. Good? Bad? Who cares. You WILL find that the groups on Facebook tend to be "cheerleaders." RockyPoint 360 among them. They heavily censor any bad news because they all make a living off tourism. So, the group as a whole downplays all the break-ins, corrupt cops, and current overwhelming amount of crime (and the police's inability to address or do anything about it). Instead, you'll hear crap about how they finally paved another street. Or which taco stand is the best. Yippee-ki-yay!

Also, we don't try to be an instant news source like Facebook, but we do often discuss reported events - good and bad.

jerry

Well Known Member
Sorry boys and girls, but on a bit of a rant here. So Monday they found a dead body on the road from the overpass to the coastal higheay. Road was closed for quite some time, body was later identified as a young woman. I have yet to see anything on the forum, this is the rocky point forum, right? I wish people who actually spend a lot of time here had more things to say about what is actually going on here. Don't worry about me though, I have learned plenty about it on facebook rocky point friends and community. If you really want to know what's happening, go there. Sorry Russ, Roberto, Stu.....this forum is getting to be about wishing it could be like it used to be. It ain't, but neither is cali compared to 30 years ago. Belly achin, moaning and complaining ain't doing a damn thing for the people who live here, love it here, or who actually care. Ain't that right estella? I rest my case. Adios.
you do realize the full timers can't speak on many of these issues.Economic concerns and the fact that floating out to sea in a 55 gallon drum isn't on their to-do list...The big concerns envolve the whole municipality...stretching from the border to Caborca.....roads,power,water,real estate issues,enviromental issues,crime.....but hey keep on posting about your store finds...that is helpful too!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
What you fail to understand is that this forum has existed for about 30+ years, well before Mark Zuckerberg and the rest of the world knew how to take a selfie. It was indeed the source for virtually all things Rocky Point with a strong focus on fishing and fishing reports. Membership still consists of those that live in Rocky Point and those that visit on a regular basis, and even some that hope to live there one day. Try searching if you have a question on something in particular. Or if you have a specific question, ask up.

The forum used to be much more active, but as baby Zuckerberg grew up, Facebook became the instant gratification for more and more users. Traffic here slowed greatly. Good? Bad? Who cares. You WILL find that the groups on Facebook tend to be "cheerleaders." RockyPoint 360 among them. They heavily censor any bad news because they all make a living off tourism. So, the group as a whole downplays all the break-ins, corrupt cops, and current overwhelming amount of crime (and the police's inability to address or do anything about it). Instead, you'll hear crap about how they finally paved another street. Or which taco stand is the best. Yippee-ki-yay!

Also, we don't try to be an instant news source like Facebook, but we do often discuss reported events - good and bad.
RP 360 is a tourist news feed. It is not a police blotter. Positives are always better than negatives. Planning a trip here or there, if you make your decision on the crime stats that's fine, just apply the rule evenly. Yes we have a dead girl, no we dont know what happened. At least I don't. However we tend to have a lot of dead people in other places including but not exclusive to the USA. My question is why meximo or whatever pulled me into the discussion? I kind of feel it is a trap of sorts, some kind of troll looking for some response - oh well whatever, I have cold beer in my ice chest and a big old sea of Cortes to explore. I better check the crime rates first

MEXIMO

Sorry Russ, not trolling at all. I was merely apologizing in advance for my rant to the the folks I thought I knew were locals. Be there Saturday for the same pleasures! Enjoy

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Dammit, Russ! You drank all the beer! AGAIN!!! :killin:

Yeah, I suspect we have a sockpuppet that was spawned from some old grudge. I also thought it odd to be called out by name. It's also funny that someone would chose to bitch about what's NOT here rather than click on somewhere else that had whatever it is they are looking for. I mean, it's not like we laser-lock anybody's eyeballs to this forum. Perhaps I should refund Meximo's membership fee.

:tanks:

Estella

This news is well known all over Facebook. I wanted to post about what happened to Jovana Carolina a woman aged 23 who had one small daughter. Bad stuff happens in every town
it is not fair to be posting every negative news story on this forum.
Word is that her husband killed her and that he has been arrested.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Apparently, another missing girl. No body yet. Just found her car ransacked in one of the colonias.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
RP 360 is a tourist news feed. It is not a police blotter. Positives are always better than negatives. Planning a trip here or there, if you make your decision on the crime stats that's fine, just apply the rule evenly. Yes we have a dead girl, no we dont know what happened. At least I don't. However we tend to have a lot of dead people in other places including but not exclusive to the USA. My question is why meximo or whatever pulled me into the discussion? I kind of feel it is a trap of sorts, some kind of troll looking for some response - oh well whatever, I have cold beer in my ice chest and a big old sea of Cortes to explore. I better check the crime rates first
TYPICAL