Dead Whale

jerry

Stink bomb. Get the chainsaws,the dump truck and the old loader out or wait for a high tide on the 27th

Landshark

I sure hope they can find a way to dispose of it. Probably way to big to drag down the beach to the graveyard. Need to figure something out or it will stink up the beach for a very long time.

mondone

Whitecaps
It was stinking pretty bad on day one. Looked like it had been dead for a while. I'm guessing, but it seemed to be about a 50 footer. It looked like it may have shark bites taken out of it, but may just have been decomposition. One side had a hole with blood "pumping", (had to be oozing) out. Glad it was down to the west from my place in Encanto. I didn't smell it from there.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Get some dynamite and blow it up. That always works SO well!

Is stinky breath still doing laps outside the harbor??????

Years ago when a whale washed up in the Encanto / Dorada / Miramar region, they called the City who brought in dozers and lye. Resolved the mess and the stench.

Estero

Whale on Fire! Got this in an email from one of our club members that was taken by an Encanto resident.

Whale photo.jpg

Landshark

Wouldn't it be possible to get a rope around it now and tow it away at the next high tide? Maybe it's just too big & heavy. Burying it would be a job and it would have to be buried pretty deep or the surf would expose it. I remember a dead dolphin being buried and it still stunk up the neighborhood.

jerry

The whale by Germans point 3 miles south of Santo Tomas that was set on fire 6 years ago took a huge amount of diesel to get it going.It was a huge whale and could have been a tourist attraction..The geniuses behind the phantom development Parayaso were behind it... I laugh when I look at their web site Tropical they say!!!! Parayso | Tropical Beachfront Living. Sonora, Mexico

SeaSwell

Headin' to the Bezch
After the burning of the whale, men chopped it apart with machetes and a bulldozer was burying it. They were still at is when we headed home yesterday. We are in Encanto next to La Jolla and when the wind was just right, it was quite putrid!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
After the burning of the whale, men chopped it apart with machetes and a bulldozer was burying it. They were still at is when we headed home yesterday. We are in Encanto next to La Jolla and when the wind was just right, it was quite putrid!

This seemed like a good opportunity to start up the PENASCO JABON COMPANY INC.

it will come up from the ground and stink for a long time. I cant imagine the putrid smell cutting it up with machetes. They would need gas mask to keep from throwing up.