Declaring merchandise going into Mexico

Get to border, go left, no one around, have to go find someone to try and pay. Have receipt totaling $1850, agent says $348, me, "is that with personal exemptions?", her "yes, is that to much? Do you want to pay less?", me "yes" ok how about $200 with receipt?" and away we went. No water at detour but roadwork replacing washout road.

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
11. Passengers over 18 years of age, may introduce a maximum of up to 20 packs of cigarettes, 25 cigars or 200 grams of tobacco and up to three liters of alcoholic beverages, and six liters of wine; in excess of the above, cannot be imported without complying with applicable regulations and restrictions.
Does anyone know anything about this mention of being allowed SIX liters of WINE?
I want to bring down a case of champagne for my birthday week, but I thought we were only allowed 3 liters per adult, which would total eight 750 ml bottles.
Thoughts anyone?

We were once over on liquor as they had a copy of our receipt from duty free ( i guess it transmits over) so we got red light and had to go in and pay 100% duty!

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
Yep, wildtoucan, that's why I'm trying to be careful about going over the limit. We usually just buy our beer and tequilla in PP, but they don't have my favorite peach champagne down there! Don't say yuck until you've tried it! It is amazing over ice, oh boy am I looking forward to sipping iced champagne on the playa. :razz:

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
brokenwave, did you send me a private reply to my message to you? The forum will not let me view your private reply until I have posted at least five times.

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl

Roberto

I brought the 5 litre boxes of wine down many times and got the inspection with no problem. If you are still worried about it and have other folk coming down you could spread it out among them.

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
Thanks Roberto, that is good news about your wine getting through inspection!
It is just the hubby and me going, so we have no extra people to divide our stuff.

TerryC, if I drink it all before the border, there will be no champagne on the playa! Oh no! :hateit: