Delay at the Border 4/22/11, 5PM

Roberto

In case someone on the forum is waiting for an arrivee from the US that has no way to call. Just heard from some folk on their way down and they report a long backup crossing into Mexico at the border or close. They reported being stationary for an hour or so. They said an accident but I don't know anything else.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I say thanks, hoping there is no accident, because you thought enough of us to let people know that are waiting on loved ones. That's what this forum is all about!

Last edited:

Roberto

Now 7 PM and our expected party has not arrived as of yet. They phoned about 5 PM so this is a long delay.

Jim

I just got back home. I left for Why to drop my daughter with a friend at 2:30 this afternoon. Bad rollover accident between Why and Lukeville. I saw 2 helicopters and a very mangled Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was told that it was a family with children. I don't have any more information as to their condition. Between the accident wait and the long line entering Mexico my 3 hour trip took 7. I would expect pretty long waits on Sunday as there was a LOT of traffic coming this way.