Did anyone see the Arizona Republic today?

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Sonora had an ad today, not the first, this week.
I do not get it.
Looks militant and aggressive.

"In Sonora we are looking for people from Arizona."
Does a guerrilla like, binocular, camouflaged, picture (Large) help the cause for Rocky Point?

Bottom it does say > > > w w w. gotosonora. com

Who is sponsoring this ad and do they think this will help Zonies go to Rocky point?

http://twitpic.com/1ptueq

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
I am looking at a half page ad on Friday may 21, page D4, Business Section.

Sonora Turismo, no bikinis here.

If they added happy people as the targets, it is Creepy.
Are Zonies in the cross eyes of the militants?

Sorry, do not get it.

Here's the ad.....the one without the bikinis....what were they thinking?????? If Americans were afraid to come down....will this help???

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Maybe it is a series of ads, oh boy, can not wait for the next one on Sunday.

Friday: Stalker... scoping for prey.

Saturday: Stalker sees his prey... bikini clad Zonies. yeah!

Sunday: Realtor (Stalker) and Zonie all happy signing contract for a for a beautiful condo, all 'having a great time'.

Again, just do not get it.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Its a bad series of ads and I will see who 's brain child it was. It would be less offensive if the whole 1070 stuff wasn't out there.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
yes, and paying for a half page ad they could have pictured the beauty of Sonora.

In quarters, 1/4 beach & Sea, 1/4 Golf & dunes. 1/4 Food & dancing,
1/4 ad Text, for the ones that want to have a good time, "we welcome People from Arizona",
Sonora Turismo, Gotosonora . com, MEXICO.

Instead of "we are looking for people from AZ, We See YOU!!!
(I picture Robert De'Niro in Meet the Parents. pointing "I see you")

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Well people I talk to in AZ think there will be backlash from ordinary mexicans because of the 1070 crap, this just makes it seem so. There is no backlash but people perceive what they will

Let's try this again....the ad was in the previous post...but disappeared.... To me the ad can be misinterpreted...to be very sinister...definitely could scare off those on the fence about coming to Mexico!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Not a Zonie ad, maybe an attack?

today's ad was on Page A-10 same size, half page.
Can someone post it for the record?

Sonoran PR people must not speak English and in this is "Lost in Translation"

Would love to hear what they were thinking using this spread?
Anyone? Please explain their train of thought.

Today's difference is in the binoculars, white Americans frolicking clueless "not in Rocky Point" and not a "dune beach" which is Sonora's trade mark. Yikes.

The beaches have Green growth (jungle) up from the beaches, one thinks of Caribbean or south Pacific.

It is like look out "WANTED" poster.

WHAT WAS SONORA TURISMO THINKING?

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
not for the record, i mean for other to see, many do not get the Arizona Republic, the biggest circulation news paper in the state of Arizona. I would think Cali eyeballs are here?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I just looked at it. I think it's just weird, Yesterday, you couldn't tell what was reflected in the glasses. Today it looks like a girl in a bathing suit. It's just wierd and not very eye-catching. If I hadn't been looking for it, I would have never even seen it.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
40,000 spend wisely?

Jim, thanks, good link.

"Tongue-in-cheek" :is a term used to refer to humour in which a statement, or an entire fictional work, is not meant to be taken seriously.

So was the add a spoof?