Did anyone see the Arizona Republic today?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Now it's even wierder. You don't think someone used the SonoraTurismo name to put this up in retaliation for SB1070? That would cost someone a lot of money.....and not make sense because we, the people, didn't vote for it.....I hope the info becomes public. I'm curious now.....

Now it's even wierder. You don't think someone used the SonoraTurismo name to put this up in retaliation for SB1070? That would cost someone a lot of money.....and not make sense because we, the people, didn't vote for it.....I hope the info becomes public. I'm curious now.....
That ad will only hurt tourism in Mexico/Rocky Point....so that would be crazy.....

Wonder if someone claiming to be Sonora Tourism placed the ad in retaliation for Calderon's comments this week????and AZ Republic didn't bother to check who it was? ....A little conspiracy theory...

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The ad was conceived and paid for by Sonora Turismo. It imho was not properly vetted in view of the stuff going on and the tender relations between Mex and AZ but it is what it is. It is totally innocent in its meaning but perception is reality, I fight the perception thing all day long and it gets me banned (lol Stu) but this is a classic example of a faux paux it just didn't come out as cute as it was intentioned! Next time maybe a bit better...............

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
...who want to have a great time...???

say it a couple of times and you know the editor does not speak english.

Who "want"? it is Who "Wants" ......

absolutely a MEX ad company. No US based ad would make this error.

Last edited:

JimMcG

If I was advising Sonoro Turismo, I would advise full damage control mode, by admitting and apologising for a cultural misunderstanding with no offense intended to US tourists. This would be for starters until the result could be observed. Sadly this is one more self inflicted shot in the foot at a time when Mexico can't afford it.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, I hope it is just a big gaffe on the part of Sonora Turismo. I really didn't want to go look for my tin foil hat!!! I just can't imagine that they wouldn't see this as not appropriate this week. The publicity on all of this (SB1070 and Calderone's visit) has been huge.......Nobody in the Turismo department said "Um, this might not be a good time for this?????" I really need my aagh smilie here, Stuart! We'll see what unfolds this week. 5 more days until I'm there!!!!!!!!!!

S

Submarine

Look at Russ the martyr. How about you tackle racism, ageism, maybe even sexual orientation discrimination when you get done with 'fighting' biased perceptions against Mexico?

If you have time that is.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ Very well put Sub, ~~~ I like the ~~~ MAJORITY here are FED up with this ~~~ MEXIE RUSS SHE ~~~ and with his ~~~ VERY PHONY

RP ~~~ DRUM BANGING ~~~ CHEERLEADING, ~~~ COTTON CANDY EATING WAYS, ~~~

to the point that the ~~~ OLD HAPPY ~~~ IS READY ~~~ TO GO OFF ~~~ on this ~~~ CUTIE ~~~ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apb739

Should I cancel my family trip? I am 7 days away from coming down for a week. The family has been looking forward to our trip. However, if Mexico is watching and does not want us there, I guess I could drive another 5 hours and go to San Diego.

dmcauley

Don't cancel your trip. RP is safe. This guy Russ is a clown who thinks he speaks for the Mexican people. He is nothing but a mealy mouth gringo who is part of the tourism board. This ad does not represent what the Mexicans feel as I have been told by many.

Kenny

Dan's right, you should go on down and enjoy yourself.

I don't agree with the banning though. It's not like he came after someone etc, like the Grim did with me. That seemed to be perfectly acceptable at that time, and trust me, I know why it was.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Beach walker, do not cancel, Rocky point and the citizens of RP, will take good care of you.
They know who butters their bread and it is people like you.

Rocky Point is beautiful and you will not regret the life time memories you will have with your family.

Last edited:

Kenny

~~~ and i agree ~~~ 100% ~~~ let him take his ~~~ rp drum banging, cotton candy pedling somewher else, !!!
I can't believe you of all people are so hot to get someone banned. What's those saying's, birds of a feather, and misery loves company..LOL:stir: