Diesel prices

The last time I was down I forgot to look at te fuel prices. anyone
I pulled my spare fuel tank because of all the hastle at the border but with lacal prices on the climb I am thinking of putting it back.

Bill...I think they were about 7.91 pesos/lt. over New Year's....and I got somewhere around 12.9 pesos to the dollar exchange at the ATM, so about $2.32/gallon. I think I had paid $2.48 in Phoenix at 59 Ave/I-10 , but that was up to $2.67/gal this week. I'm heading down this weekend, so will get you an update.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
That 7.9 pesos per liter price is what I paid last trip. I doubt it has changed much, if any. I was checking diesel prices in Tempe yesterday - $2.75 was the cheapest I saw; most everyone else was $2.79 or higher. I generally fill up in Sonoita before crossing the border back into the U.S. I can make it back to Tempe on about 1/4 tank (not towing). My truck stays parked for the most part - I only use it for trips to Rocky Point to tow the boat around when I'm down there. So, I've always got enough fuel left to make it back to Sonoita when I head down. Don't think I've put any U.S. diesel in my truck in the past two years!
:cruisin:

The prices have been inching up in Penasco very slowly...every time I fill up, it's gone up a fraction, but not the fluctuations of Phoenix. I'm fortunate that I bought my truck when I did...the newer ones (2007+)require the ULSD (Ultra low sulfur deisel)...which they still don't sell in Sonoyta or Penasco. I've read that the LSD will gum up the sensors, etc.

BTW...the truck stop at 59 Ave./I-10 (Liberty Fuel) seems to be the lowest in town historically....but you have to buy at the passenger car side...the tax is higher on the truck side.

Last edited:

Jeff

. I'm fortunate that I bought my truck when I did...the newer ones (2007+)require the ULSD (Ultra low sulfur deisel)...which they still don't sell in Sonoyta or Penasco. I've read that the LSD will gum up the sensors, etc.
I have a 2008 Joe and havent had any problems yet. I usually 'blend' the 2.....

We just got back and it was at 7.92 pesos per litre so it is not worth buying down there and having a hastle at the border.

I have a 100 gal tank so .50 would make it ok for me. I figure my fuel cost back and forth is about $ 45.00 so that would make the trip free.

the price was 7.970 pesos per litre yesterday, I went with our tour bus driver to show JJ where he could fill up...

the price was 7.970 pesos per litre yesterday, I went with our tour bus driver to show JJ where he could fill up...
That's what I paid this past weekend....and with the drop in exchange rate (it was between 12.3-12.8 from what I recall), it's about $2.41 (taking the midpoint of the exchange rate). I just filled up in Phoenix for $2.69 over at 59th Ave./I-10.