Dig it daddy!

playaperro

El Pirata
Nice ride Moore! I'm a Chevy man myself, but I have to say the Jeeps I've had, and the two I have now are about as dependable as they get.
When my step bro arrived home from Nam he bought a new 63 Vet with a removable hard top with a 327 that put out 360 ponies; and if you can believe it, he even let my use it to go to the beach and cruise around in. It was terrible the way I had to beat the women off with a stick.
Maybe a 62 with 360 ponies~63 i don't think so lol.

Roberto

10-12-2012 12;15;59PM.jpgI love the rods too. My first car was 1/6 of a 1947 Plymouth sedan. $10 each, $60 Total ! Suicide doors, we had a blast in that old thing. I but got into old British stuff in the 60's when I moved to NY. When I moved out of NM I sold off: a 55 Mark I Jag sedan, a 59 TR3, a 55 TR2, a 64 Morris Minor, 2 60's TR4s and a 1936 Morgan F2, Three Wheeler. See the Morgan and me at the Santa Fe Plaza 4th of July Show in 1999. It's an addiction I can no longer afford !!

Kenny

Maybe a 62 with 360 ponies~63 i don't think so lol.
Don't be a Eduardo Dog.....1963 Corvette options, colors, facts and statistics!
L75
327 cu in. 300hp Engine
8,033 (37.34%)
$54
L76
327 cu in. 340hp Engine
6,978 (32.44%)
$108
L84
327 cu in. 360hp fuel injection Engine
2,610 (12.13%)
$430

Why on earth would you think a 63 had less ponies than the 62, unless you're like I've always thought. You think backwards.

Last edited:

Kenny

View attachment 5261I love the rods too. My first car was 1/6 of a 1947 Plymouth sedan. $10 each, $60 Total ! Suicide doors, we had a blast in that old thing. I but got into old British stuff in the 60's when I moved to NY. When I moved out of NM I sold off: a 55 Mark I Jag sedan, a 59 TR3, a 55 TR2, a 64 Morris Minor, 2 60's TR4s and a 1936 Morgan F2, Three Wheeler. See the Morgan and me at the Santa Fe Plaza 4th of July Show in 1999. It's an addiction I can no longer afford !!
Well I did have a bug eyed Sprite for a while if that counts, but I had to get rid of it when I found that not only was my Go Kart much faster, it was safer too.
My Uncle Teddy who's first car after coming home from Korea was the Woody that he and my folks went down to Cholla in 55/56, bought a red TR3 in 58. I remember well sitting on my Aunts lap while we drove into town in it from Apple Valley to see "The creature from the Black Lagoon".
My first was a 56 ford flathead, with overdrive. That car too was $60 Roberto.

Last edited:

Roberto

Brother had a Bug Eye. Right no power but handled like a go kart. I used to take it to the drive in with the girlfriend. Park backwards, flip the seats up and sit with body and legs into the trunk. Very private and secure !! He traded the Bug Eye for a Plymouth Barrracuda when they first came out, don't recall the year. Talk about a car with power and little control. You could smoke the tires continuously until there was no tread left.

Kenny

This is what a USAC Midget had for those foreign cars back in 59 Roberto. Midgets still run the one mile track at Phoenix International faster than those NASCRAP cars. This is a great story and a good read."A BIG SURPRISE AT LIME ROCK, OR THE LITTLE MIDGET THAT COULD"...1959 LimeRock Formula Libre-BARCBOYS

Economaki

Roberto

Here's the guy I got to go to the track with. My job included driving one of the first Porsche 912s in the US (64?) to the races with a cooler on the roof rack ! (bright orange) Lime Rock was always a favorite. Bridgehampton, the Glen. He was a privateer when I knew him, paying for everthing out of pocket racing a Shelby Mustang and a Shelby Cobra. Saw the first sanctioned race with a turbine powered car. Worked the NY Car Show for Bob and his Maseratis at the Colliseum one year. I roared down Broadway in a new Mistral, 60 MPH in second gear on the way to dinner at Elaines! I was taking classes in NJ near a body shop he liked to use and I used to deliver and return cars from and to Nyack. All old 50's exotics, Masers, Ferrari, Jags, it was heady stuff and incredible experience for a 19 year old that grew in in the Appalachian Mts.

iL TRIDENTE Online

playaperro

El Pirata
Don't be a Eduardo Dog.....1963 Corvette options, colors, facts and statistics!
L75327 cu in. 300hp Engine8,033 (37.34%)$54
L76327 cu in. 340hp Engine6,978 (32.44%)$108
L84327 cu in. 360hp fuel injection Engine2,610 (12.13%)$430

Why on earth would you think a 63 had less ponies than the 62, unless you're like I've always thought. You think backwards.
Just messing with you and your MUPPET show! You must have a pic, just like the pic of your beach scene, or it never happened...

Kenny

Just messing with you and your MUPPET show! You must have a pic, just like the pic of your beach scene, or it never happened...
I now know why you don't post a picture of yourself as a adult, only as a kid. To bad the surgery didn't come out better, but that's OK, there's a lot of ugly women out there.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Nice ride Moore!

Thanks

I have to say the Jeeps I've had, and the two I have now are about as dependable as they get. .

No argument there. I also had a 98 Wrangler in the stable once upon a time, and that thing was a tractor. I could take it out on Sunday, beat it against rocks (even flopped it on it's side a couple times) and I always knew it would get me home, and that it would still start and get me to work on Monday morning

Here's a shot of it doing it's thing out in Martinez Canyon:

4-01-jeeptrip02web.jpg

and on the beach near La Pinta:

Jeep_ocean.jpg

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I have a '99 and I beat the heck out of her, too. I replaced a 13 year old clutch in May and a 13 and a half year old water pump last month. And I abused the heck out of that clutch rock crawling and playing on the teeter totter at exhibitions....Oh, the smell of burning clutch in the morning... LOL! I had to do brakes a year and a half ago. I am just amazed at how sturdy she is! I think I put a picture of me on the teeter totter in my photo album here....Oh yeah, I had to put a radiator in 5 years ago. I had no idea it was plastic from the factory.... The baffles disintegrated! She now has a real radiator.... Never never gonna give Li'l Missy up! Yup, it's a Jeep thing!

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Here's my rock climbing, drag racing, ocean going hot rod.

1985 El Dorado Biarritz, loaded with every factory option available at the time, including locomotive horns. Classic stainless steel roof. 18k original miles. The car was originally purchased by Dean Bailey or Bailey Olds in Tulsa, OK for his wife Betty as a present. When she passed, the sons kept it on the showroom floor for many years as a tribute to their mother. Has a gold plate on the glove box that says "Especially for Betty Bailey".

I've always been a sucker for Caddys. My very 1st car was a '63 Fleetwood Brougham I purchased from an old guy on my paper route that was retiring to Florida for $250 (in 1972). It was the best high school car ever!!
:puff:

Attachments

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'm thinking I'll ban the next person that posts that naked picture of Kenny, even Kenny himself. Of all the things I desire to see in life, Kenny's nekkid ass is not one of them. No offense, Kenny... I'm sure it's a perfectly fine ass... I just don't need to see it!!

cholla

I'm thinking I'll ban the next person that posts that naked picture of Kenny, even Kenny himself. Of all the things I desire to see in life, Kenny's nekkid ass is not one of them. No offense, Kenny... I'm sure it's a perfectly fine ass... I just don't need to see it!!

Its kind of like a bad penny, just shows up every once in a while.

Stuart-those El D's were just beautiful! I had an '81. I still complain to my local dealer they should have never stopped that body design. Cruzin down the highway with the moonroof open and an 8 track tape crankin-nothing better!