Dig it daddy!

Kenny

Well Known Member
400 TOP Hot Rods Rat Rods ❤ RockaBilly Music 2011
[video=youtube;g5fZadBIBrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5fZadBIBrA[/video]

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Oh MAN.

Are you serious? You mean there are TWO interests I have in common with Kenny?

oy- and I thought fishing was it.

I don't know if I can handle this.

cholla

Well Known Member
Watch out or next you will be reading the commie pinko ratfink daily news and smokin some mota and listening to John Prine with him.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Oh MAN.

Are you serious? You mean there are TWO interests I have in common with Kenny?

oy- and I thought fishing was it.

I don't know if I can handle this.
You should come out to Canyon this weekend and watch the sprinters run, and then there would be three!... Seriously though, we actually agree on quite a lot, but then you go just a little to far into you know where. LOL Robert, you have to remember where the three of us came from, we've all been bucking this Government since the civil rights movement, and not just with words.
OH, and yes I have a rockabilly collection too.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Back in the 60's us gear heads used to hang out at the second IN and OUT Hamburger Joint ever built on San Bernardino road in what's technically Baldwin Park in Southern Cali, and I'll see one of them again when he comes over for the races this weekend. It was the place to show off your car, and set up a street race.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Watch out or next you will be reading the commie pinko ratfink daily news and smokin some mota and listening to John Prine with him.
Haven't had a toke or a drink since 99, but I'll take a dose of Prine anytime.:moon: Heck, I'm just waiting for my friends to catch up.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
And it's running the 440 Hemi, and probably with a six pack.

The 440 was a wedge-head design. The Hemi was 426 Cubic inches.

Oh, and the same Plymouth Roadrunner was also on the same platform.

I'm not even a Mopar man- I was always a GTO fan, but I must admit the sound of those old Dodge big-blocks is fearsome, especially when they are running a big cam

I have a fiberglass replica 32 ford roadster body out behind the house that will be a simple, old school hot rod someday (when I get bit by the motivation bug)

Kenny

Well Known Member
The 440 was a wedge-head design. The Hemi was 426 Cubic inches.

Oh, and the same Plymouth Roadrunner was also on the same platform.

I'm not even a Mopar man- I was always a GTO fan, but I must admit the sound of those old Dodge big-blocks is fearsome, especially when they are running a big cam

I have a fiberglass replica 32 ford roadster body out behind the house that will be a simple, old school hot rod someday (when I get bit by the motivation bug)
That's right, a wedge head and they commonly ran the 6 pack. I should probably not post in the middle of the night when I'm half asleep.
You would have loved my 65 GTO, 389 with tri power. Nice car, but there were some 383's out there in the light bodied car's that could give me a run. For looks, my 62 327 SS was right up there with it, except from the front.LOL

Landshark

Well Known Member
You guys like Vettes?

Here's my 69 that I restored back in 2003:
Sweet! I had a 56, a 58, and a 68 back in the 70's. Man, I wish I had them now. I bought the 56 for $800 and drove it home! Drove it for a year and sold it for $1500 and thought I was really smart.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Nice ride Moore! I'm a Chevy man myself, but I have to say the Jeeps I've had, and the two I have now are about as dependable as they get.
When my step bro arrived home from Nam he bought a new 63 Vet with a removable hard top with a 327 that put out 360 ponies; and if you can believe it, he even let my use it to go to the beach and cruise around in. It was terrible the way I had to beat the women off with a stick.

Last edited:

Kenny

Well Known Member
Sweet! I had a 56, a 58, and a 68 back in the 70's. Man, I wish I had them now. I bought the 56 for $800 and drove it home! Drove it for a year and sold it for $1500 and thought I was really smart.
What years in the pre stingray era did you like best? I still can't make up my mind for sure, but a 62 was a fine looking machine..Then again, the LOL