Directions to Capitan restaurant....

AZJD

I'm confused as to how to get there. Do I take the paved road up by the fish market (past boo bar) and then up to the restaurant? Or do I take some other road up to the top? I read somewhere to take some dirt road up to the top.

Heading down next week with some family from Colorado and want to give them a nice dining experience with a view.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
As you head into the downtown area before the turnoffs to the marina that is on the right theres a beer store on the left hand side right before that is a dirt road that goes up the hill, you know you are on the right road when you see the water lines going up the hill on top of the ground big concrete pipes (not saying whats inside) the dirt road will take you to the top. If you drive past the road thee is no other way to the top of the hill one way in one way out.

as you're heading to old port just after you pass the big anchor and you get to those big diesel storage tanks on the right hand side of the road you will see a liquor store on the left side of the road... you need to get on the road that runs behind the liquor store and just head up the hill to you get to the top... and you are there

AZJD

So this dirt road you take is completely before when you would start driving up the hill towards Boo Bar?

Roberto

On Benito Juarez, going toward the Malecon, probably 1/2 mile before where the road becomes one way, on the left side of the road you will see a liquor store, a small strip center and a hotel a bit back from the street standing alone no other structures. The road up Whale Hill goes just next to the beer store and up the hill behind the store. It looks as if you might be entering the hotel or the liquor store as the entrance is poorly defined. The immediate area is just after Latitude 21 and a couple of other buildings, the area is open and rocky and mostly up hill on the left side. Dont know what hill to the Boo Bar you are referring to but this is well before the Malecon. The Shrimp boats will be on your right hand side about a block in.

AZJD

On Benito Juarez, going toward the Malecon, probably 1/2 mile before where the road becomes one way, on the left side of the road you will see a liquor store, a small strip center and a hotel a bit back from the street standing alone no other structures. The road up Whale Hill goes just next to the beer store and up the hill behind the store. It looks as if you might be entering the hotel or the liquor store as the entrance is poorly defined. The immediate area is just after Latitude 21 and a couple of other buildings, the area is open and rocky and mostly up hill on the left side. Dont know what hill to the Boo Bar you are referring to but this is well before the Malecon. The Shrimp boats will be on your right hand side about a block in.
Thanks Roberto!

So pass L21 and pretty much look left for the dirt road then? Eh I'll find it next week. Eventually :)

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Thanks Roberto!

So pass L21 and pretty much look left for the dirt road then? Eh I'll find it next week. Eventually :)
Latitude 31 guys thats the Latitude for Rocky Point but it also a great cantina restaurant, I dont want you getting lost looking for L21 it cant happen here