Disappointing "Young Tequila" from Tequila Factory

On our trip for the Roger Clyne concert we had our ritualistic stop at the tequila factory and had a GREAT time sampling all the tequila.

My friends bought me a bottle of their "young tequila" (between a blanco and respasado)

I was VERY DISAPPOINTED the next morning when i took the tequila out of the freezer to see the liquid inside my "young tequila" slushy and frozen!

I have always had a great time and enjoy the tequilas from there. Just a word of caution around the young tequila. My bottle seemed to have a fair amount of water that leaked INTO it.

P

Penasco Pirate

We have been wondering if they have been 'leaking' water into their barrels? Doesn't seem to be quite as strong. We had a bottle freeze in the ice chest and one at home in the freezer (go figure!) as well.

Ed B

Small Potatoes
I keep a bottle of Patron blanco in the freezer all the time and it too is slushy.

ernesto

The stuff Mickey poured out of the barrels at his restaurant was watered down too.No foolin a functioning alcoholic.

Manny Sanchez

Vir sapit qui pauca loqui
Hey Guys, this is Manny from the Tequila Factory.
You have to keep in mind that tequila is distilled twice with water, so some amount of water will be present on any brand of tequila.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I've even had top-shelf vodka get a little slushy in the freezer. Never froze solid, but some definite slush. Unless you're drinking 100 proof stuff, anything that's 38-40 proof is likely to get a little slushy when left in the freezer for a long time.

Welcome to the forum Manny, say hello to Fernando, you have an excellent employee on him!!
Manny...I'll second that.....I'm sure you don't pay him enough for the great job he does!!!

BTW....you need to get some of that Almond Tequila in....I've been waiting for a couple of months now for your next shipment!!!

Manny Sanchez

Sorry about that rockypointjoe, I promise once we get it you will be the first to know.
By the way Fernando say hi to all, im trying to get him join this forum.

I know that Manny already replied somewhat on the topic....but come on people.....if you have a bottle of say 60 Proof spirits....that's only 30% alcohol content. So the rest is "other" liquids....which will freeze depending on where you store it.

Manny, thanks for providing some input. Like i said I love stopping by the place. And will continue my ritual each time.

One clarification, this bottle was in the same freezer at the same time with a bottle of manny's blanco and reposado which were not frozen.

Just sharing data.......

P

Penasco Pirate

Welcome Manny...good to see you found us! I had no idea about the water thing! Maybe I'm there too much?

Manny Sanchez

Naa, you just need a couple more sessions. But this time we will start with the tour, then the tasting. :)
Say hi to Dusti. Fernando says hi to.

M

Mythreeboys

So what's a girl got to do to get her hands wrapped around a bottle of this slushy stuff? I only ask as we wont be down for a while and could use some good shots.

Rebecca

Last edited by a moderator: