Dishnetwork Dish and Receiver

Most likely you have to contact Dishnetwork to reactivate the receiver..........if you don't have Dishnetwork already, you would have to get the service...,,,with an AZ address....once you have service, this receiver could be listed as an additional unit....used to be $5/month additional

Last edited:
It's $6 now (at least mine is). My bill just keeps going up and up and I don't have the choice of having cable..........it's Dish or Directv or nothing.

playaperro

El Pirata
I have 2 dish network dish 500's dish's for sale, So if you have dish in the usa all you need is one of your active receivers and you can watch your local programing.
I'll beat joe's price...

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Its better to get a new plan with the HD and HD recorder tear the thing down and bring it down to mexico... its free along with the HD for life...Que No Joe

playaperro

El Pirata
Sorry about that Rob, That's why I am selling the DN dishes If you turn on 4 boxes on you can bring one box down and a dish and set it up down here.

Rhino

OK guys, let me try to understand all this which may not be easy. I am in the process of switching to Dish from Direct. What exactly do I need and have to do to recieve Dish service in Penasco and what will the cost be? Does Dish have the same system as Direct which deactivates a receiver which doesn't get used for 30 days or so? If I buy a dish and receiver from one of you guys am I home free? I get the feeling I am missing a point here and would appreciate the help. Currently, I have a Direct dish mounted in Penasco and take a receiver down each time I go which is a hassle. Thanks!

AZ ROB

Rhino I have a dish network receiver in 2 rooms that haven't been turned on in 6 months and I have no problems with them I have never heard of a receiver being turned off with Dish Network. I bought a new dish on ebay for $25.00 found a guy in Penasco to install it at the condo ordered 2 new receivers for 2 rooms in my home (free install ) I will take these 2 receivers down to Penasco at $5.00 each a month. now for $10.00 a month additional I will have all the channels I have in the states (and I don't have to learn where all the good channels are)

playaperro

El Pirata
I was not aware direct deactivates a receiver not used in 30 days. I leave mine on so maybe thats why it always works. Since you have direct why don't you buy a dvr from them leave it down ther
and record movies on it from your computer. You can control the unit from usa.

Last edited:

Terry C

I have dish at the beach and if it is not turned on for 2 weeks you have to call and get a boot. We turn the electric off when we leave.

OK guys, let me try to understand all this which may not be easy. I am in the process of switching to Dish from Direct. What exactly do I need and have to do to recieve Dish service in Penasco and what will the cost be? Does Dish have the same system as Direct which deactivates a receiver which doesn't get used for 30 days or so? If I buy a dish and receiver from one of you guys am I home free? I get the feeling I am missing a point here and would appreciate the help. Currently, I have a Direct dish mounted in Penasco and take a receiver down each time I go which is a hassle. Thanks!
My first comment to your switch to Dishnetwork is WHY???

The receiver and dish that I'm offering is a SD receiver with the Dish 500. It was my mom's, and the only reason she was with Dish was because of a channel that she wanted, and that was not available at the time with Directv. Since I'm no longer with Dish, I can't tell you if the Dish 500 will receive HD. It would depend on which satellite Dishnetwork is transmitting the HD channels from.

Each system sends some kind of activation signal on a regular basis (monthly??). If your receiver is not powered at the time...you will have to call to get it reactivated....

Someone already commented that it now costs $6 per additional receiver on your account (don't know the max. number that you can have). It used to be $5 when I was paying for my mom's Dish.

I believe that Directv is still $5 per month. Have to look at my bill, but I now have HD receivers. I take one down and hook it up to an 18" dish and get only SD on the tv. If I knew the power would stay on all the time in Penasco (mine gets turned off by the rv park when I'm not there), and I was going more then once or twice a month, I would probably get another receiver and leave it there and buy a Directv dish that receives HD (SWM type) to replace my 18 " dish.

I don't know if that answers all of your questions....maybe someone who currently has Dishnetwork will pipe up.

Rhino

Rhino I have a dish network receiver in 2 rooms that haven't been turned on in 6 months and I have no problems with them I have never heard of a receiver being turned off with Dish Network. I bought a new dish on ebay for $25.00 found a guy in Penasco to install it at the condo ordered 2 new receivers for 2 rooms in my home (free install ) I will take these 2 receivers down to Penasco at $5.00 each a month. now for $10.00 a month additional I will have all the channels I have in the states (and I don't have to learn where all the good channels are)
Sounds likie the way I should go, Rob; thanks! Do you remember who installed the dish for you?

Just a comment on both Dishnetwork and Directv....the receivers have to be powered to receive the regular activation signals. The may seem to be turned off, just like a tv, but they are still receiving the signals/updates. If you turn the power off....no signal.

AZ ROB....I'm curious...which model dish did you get that will receive all the Dishnetwork HD channels??? I tried researching and didn't find much on the web (unless I went with something from Camping World/Winegard).

Terry C

Does anyone have or know where to get any dish parts here? I need the switch behind the dish that the coax goes into and coax ends. It's a dish 500