Dishnetwork Dish and Receiver

A

azbeachboy

If I have HD receivers do I need a HD dish? I'm not worried about HD quality picture. I signed up with Dish Network a couple of months ago because I wanted live TV in my trailer.

Chuck...on directv, you don't...you just have to go into the receiver setup and switch to the correct dish...I would expect dishnetwork to operate the same way...when I had mine setup at San Rafael, I was using a round dish on my HD receiver...only receiving non HD channels

AZ ROB

Chuck I had a guy from Tucson come in the condo and install the dish network. I bought the recievers from him and he actually set then on our account installed the dish and made sure everything worked. If you want I can try to find his info and PM it to you.

R

reportjones

Direct TV deactivates any receiver that hasn't been connected or turned on for 30 days or more. You dont have to go through the hassle of calling Direct TV when your receiver is deactivated. Go to their website and reactivate the receivers a day or two before you go to Rocky Point. You can reactivate them from the Internet.

Direct TV deactivates any receiver that hasn't been connected or turned on for 30 days or more. You dont have to go through the hassle of calling Direct TV when your receiver is deactivated. Go to their website and reactivate the receivers a day or two before you go to Rocky Point. You can reactivate them from the Internet.
I lost you there...how does one get the "reactivation" signal to the receiver if it isn't turned on or connected? Directv doesn't have a continual activation stream being sent....it sends the signal once.....

playaperro

El Pirata
You cease to amaze me Ms. reportjones....After you sign in on the directv internet page you just scroll around to the tab that says refresh receivers and your ready
to go after you refresh them. You will need a slimline hd dish and hd box with the filter to receive HD full service, works great in penasco! Today best buy deal of the day is a 32 inch 1080 lcd for 229 bucks bestbuy.com