Do It EVERY Trip, Don't forget!

No they are 2 different entities... but both are great causes "Esparanza Para Nuevo Vida" is a Community Center in the barrio Orente at Lazaro Cardenas & Ave. 54... this is the discription from a previous post bytrade a.k.a. Harold...

We have a non profit in the US (AIM) and in Mexico (La Esperanza Para Nuevo Vida AC) "Hope for A New Life" We have been working in Mexico for 10 years as of this year! It does go fast. We build houses, churches, a couple of buildings for rehab centers and our latest venture a community center. As with all the other projects this will also be gifted to the local community. They have been very helpful with constuction and day to day operations. We also distribute 4000 lbs, of food each month.

the information below is copied from La Huerita and her great blog at http://rptides.blogspot.com

The orphanage is "Esperanza Para Los Ninos" (aka Casa Hogar para los desamparados): Five adults care for 30 (or so) children at this home, children who would otherwise be homeless and desperate. Staffed by volunteers, they provide security, food, clothes, education and lots of love-- and in terms of remuneration they receive precious little in return. But this is not about money for them (one staff member gave up his management job at a Wal-Mart Mexico to care for these kids; his wife is the main cook). It's about love.

Note that the website for this charity (linked above) is run by a U.S. contact on behalf of the orphanage and is not an "official" website. As the owner of the website says: "These children do not need to be rescued. They need love and fresh food, and when they have been out of milk for a week, the order needs to be reversed."

See also this website, with further information: http://www.esperanzachildrenshome.com As quoted from this website: "Guillermo Zapata the Director of Para Los Ninos has delegated Rick Bills a member of Desert Breeze Community Church the US Coordinator to allow EsperanzaChildrensHome.com to become the focal point for US interests in an effort to try and allow God's work to be most beneficial to the children of Esperanza." They can be contacted at [email protected]

Visitors and donations are gladly received at La Esperanza, and so are pen pals. Visiting the home is a wonderful gift to the children, but taking time to send a child a birthday card and maybe a Christmas card is a very special gift. It may be the only mail they ever get.

To write to these wonderful children use the address below:

• Esperanza para los ninos
    P.O. 1024
    Lukeville AZ 85341
To learn how to donate, when the children's birthdays are or how to find the home if you want to visit, go to http://www.esperanzaparalosninos.com/ or http://www.esperanzachildrenshome.com It could just change your life.

Last edited:
T

toesinthesand

Seadweller you are a WEALTH of knowledge and compassion! THank you

Food Distribution Feb. 6, 2009

IMG_0573.jpgIMG_0576.jpgIMG_0578.jpgIMG_0607.jpgIMG_0608.jpg

These are just a few photos from the Food Distribution on Feb. 6, 2009 sponsored by trade a.k.a. Harold Tuttle and his wife Kathy and the "Esparanza Para Nuevo Vida" community center... this is a monthly event for the community center... the only thing I wasn't able to photograph is the Love and Respect that is shared during the distribution... Thank You Harold and Kathy for all that you do here in Rocky Point...

Roberto

Well Known Member
The need for donations of any kind has not dropped off, but gotten greater. People arrive on the train coal cars and box cars regularly still thinking there are jobs in Penasco. Jobs are few and far between. Note how many men carry a 5 gallon bucket and a rag hoping to get a car wash. Husbands and fathers have left looking for work elsewhere, placing even more stress on the families and children. Children are actually still going hungry in Penasco and will benefit from your thoughtful kindness.

Please remember Do it every trip. If it slips your mind in the rush to pack and get down here, you can always stop at the store in Lukeville, right on the border next to the Weta . They sell rice and beans, last time I was there they had jumbo bags of pinto beans. Wouldn't that make a great gift to a hungry person.

BTW that store is really very well stocked for last minute stuff. Great selection, even fresh meat and veggies. Pick me up a 5 liter box of Merlot next time through also !!

janetandclint

Well Known Member
Now this is right down my alley! Yes, do it every time and a difference can be made. I belong to a small group on another border town that does this. I have learned to rebag clothes in small bags and stuff them everywhere in a small economy car. I put my personal things over the bags to hide them and that helps us get things across without too much flak. Sometimes the Mexican border officials have stopped cars bringing in used clothing especially. If it is new, there are less problems for us. People without jobs don't have money for clothes. They barely eat. This is very helpful. Please only bring good, usable, clean clothes. I have learned to always check each bag before taking it across.

ihailey

Is the drop off site still at the Twin Dolphins? We are down for a couple of weeks, brought some blankets and a few bags of clothes...

Roberto

Well Known Member
Is the drop off site still at the Twin Dolphins? We are down for a couple of weeks, brought some blankets and a few bags of clothes...
Yes, we will be pleased to accept your donations and pass them along. I just visited with Sylvia from Two Fish ministries and she told me they can always use things like beans and rice. They feed every day but Sunday. You can drop off at their location next to Numero's and alternatively Twin Dolphins office is open 7 days a week, at least 9 to 4.

Last edited:

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
:mexico: Probably the best section to me of this whole site. Love the generosity and giving spirit that the expats or RP community reiterates in the Joinus and Rocky Point Times. Can't wait to become part of the RP community and see good things happen for the great people of Puerto Penasco. I was a regular visiter in the 90's and then life happens and I didn't get back down again till last year but been making the trek down monthly now (and purchasing a condo even) so I have been reading voraciously all the great things people are involved in there is such a great vibe I get from PTO Penasco... so glad to get back and start being part of the positive actions going on!

DeniseAck

Well Known Member
Hey Roberto--We'll be coming down 4/29 for a week. We can pack an extra suitcase of our kids' outgrown clothes for dropoff to you. Would there be a box to put them in at the office?

Roberto

Well Known Member
Hey Roberto--We'll be coming down 4/29 for a week. We can pack an extra suitcase of our kids' outgrown clothes for dropoff to you. Would there be a box to put them in at the office?

Yes. There is genrealy someone here between 9 to 5. wewe will have someplace to put them. We might be out, but only for a shot time.

Hold your comments GV !!

Thanks for remembering the children of Penasco.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Yes. There is genrealy someone here between 9 to 5. wewe will have someplace to put them. We might be out, but only for a shot time.

Hold your comments GV !!

Thanks for remembering the children of Penasco.
I'll be down there then, where are we going for SHOT TIME....

Sorry Roberto, I just couldn't resist.....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
You guys crack me up....Jack and Roberto

Denise, welcome to the forum and Rocky Point! Thank you for donating the clothes! Everything is needed there. When I'm down, I usually have a potluck party and invite the forum. Next time you are down, please come and meet us at the party. Just a warning tho, I'm trailer trash. LOL But condo people are welcome! If you haven't found that thread yet on here some of the condo people and trailer trash tease each other lovingly. Happy reading, you will find everything on here! Again welcome and we can't wait to meet you and your family!