Don't wait to get insurance at the border...

During Spring Break season, which starts today and goes thru the 27th, you will not BELIEVE how long you'll have to wait to get insurance in Why or at the border. Don't mess around and just do it online via http://www.proalliance.com.mx/

You can print out your policy right at your desktop and it's pretty damn cheap. PLUS, you have an ENGLISH-SPEAKING contact w/ a 480 area code available 24-7 while you're down there if something happens. She's even on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rosie.glover

During Spring Break season, which starts today and goes thru the 27th, you will not BELIEVE how long you'll have to wait to get insurance in Why or at the border. Don't mess around and just do it online via http://www.proalliance.com.mx/

You can print out your policy right at your desktop and it's pretty damn cheap. PLUS, you have an ENGLISH-SPEAKING contact w/ a 480 area code available 24-7 while you're down there if something happens. She's even on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rosie.glover
Aw TJ... How kind of you to scare me up some business. Lord knows I need it. Anyone who shows up in the next two weeks with their proalliance proof of insurance purchased for this trip will have me buy their first drink...at the Tequila Factory. And as a bonus...a subscription to the RPNO. Yeah, okay...so I'm only giving away free stuff...how else can I keep the insurance rates down?

V

VacationVanessa

Getting my insurance online is a get joy to me. I know, it's the simple things. But seriously, once I get the car heading southward it is eye on the prize time! I'm worse than an elementary school bus driver. Go before we leave the house and I'm stopping in Gila Bend and at the border. You gotta go? Hold it! I have beer to get to!

Getting my insurance online is a get joy to me. I know, it's the simple things. But seriously, once I get the car heading southward it is eye on the prize time! I'm worse than an elementary school bus driver. Go before we leave the house and I'm stopping in Gila Bend and at the border. You gotta go? Hold it! I have beer to get to!
Hi Vanessa, I'm assuming you buy it from me? I know I should know this...but sometimes the online nickname isn't what the policy says...Hope you're a client of mine. If so, thank you bunches...if not, hope to earn your business sometime. Either way, glad you love coming down to RP.

Kenny

Hi Rosie,
When I stopped by your office Monday to pick up my drivers licence policy, and drop off the $, I told Patty that she should just keep the $, and tell you that "Kenny said I could".
Sorry I missed you, and I hope she thanked you..LOL

Kenny

Hi Rosy,
We have our homeowners with you and I never realized you did the car insurance too. We buy it yearly and for sure will go with you now. Good to know!
ETA: It is possible to do yearly coverage , right?

Last edited:

jerry

This whole insurance thing bugs me.A stranger working for some evil multinational corporate monster wagers that i won't get sick,in an accident or be sued but I won't have any of that sunny world view and i saw "no madam I'm betting my life is going to hell so take this bucket of money so i won't worry about my impending doom".We are just a nation of sissies.

ralph g

I have Allstate in the US,it cover you 75 miles into mexico, rockypoint is 65 miles. (it works) I also have Mexican liability ins. on my driver licence because I also travel deeper in Mex.

I have Allstate in the US,it cover you 75 miles into mexico, rockypoint is 65 miles. (it works) I also have Mexican liability ins. on my driver licence because I also travel deeper in Mex.
Did they increase the mileage limit? It used to be 60.....

Hi Rosie,
When I stopped by your office Monday to pick up my drivers licence policy, and drop off the $, I told Patty that she should just keep the $, and tell you that "Kenny said I could".
Sorry I missed you, and I hope she thanked you..LOL

Kenny
Kenny...I'm starting to think you're skeered to meet me in person. I called the Playa Inn on Monday and they said you'd left a day early!

Hi Rosy,
We have our homeowners with you and I never realized you did the car insurance too. We buy it yearly and for sure will go with you now. Good to know!
ETA: It is possible to do yearly coverage , right?
Of course. One day or one year and everything in between. We do all kinds of insurance. Among the businesses that insure with us are Latitude 31, Black Dog, Thirsty Parrot, Manny's, Coyote Grill, and we do all of the Pinacate condos, Corona del Mar and Las Palmas. In addition we do all kinds of bonds (bail, construction, performance, etc.)

Make no mistake...even if you only travel three feet into Mexico you are required by Mexican law to have liability coverage issued by a Mexican company. When your U.S. company says they'll cover you within a certain distance of the border, they mean they will repair your car as your insurance company...they do not mean they'll meet your liability obligation for damage to another's person or property. That just won't happen.

If you are involved in an accident while on Mexican soil, even if it wasn't your fault, you will be expected to show Mexican liability insurance. If you don't have it because you thought Allstate covered you, you could be in for a rude awakening.

Kenny

Don had decided to take off after we loaded up his boat Monday morning, and on my way back from Encanto after that is when I stopped in at your office. I'd tried to find Roberto again that afternoon, both at home, and at the office, and when I couldn't, and with the weather not that hot, I just headed on home myself that afternoon.

Scared silly Kenny..

Don had decided to take off after we loaded up his boat Monday morning, and on my way back from Encanto after that is when I stopped in at your office. I'd tried to find Roberto again that afternoon, both at home, and at the office, and when I couldn't, and with the weather not that hot, I just headed on home myself that afternoon.

Scared silly Kenny..
Aw, Kenny...nothing to fear. On Saturday I stopped at Capone's and ran into the fishing group. I know they're in here but on was on my way out and they were just getting in, so I don't know who's who. Well, except for Mike the Winner of Biggest Catch. Got a picture I'll be posting soon. Would've been great to finally meet in person, though. Don too...

P.S. Maybe next year you two can help me promote Spring Break at your respective schools?

Kenny

P.S. Maybe next year you two can help me promote Spring Break at your respective schools?
I spend about 1/2 my day working in the dorms, and I already try to do my part.

P.S., won't find me at Capone's, unless I'm dragged in..LOL

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I've heard this before, but wasn't sure how credible it was. I have Allstate too, is this something u have added to your policy or is it something that every Allstate client has? Anyone else care to share?

playaperro

El Pirata
I've heard this before, but wasn't sure how credible it was. I have Allstate too, is this something u have added to your policy or is it something that every Allstate client has? Anyone else care to share?
If you were to have a fender bender with Ralgh G outside JJ's Allstate would cover the loss. You have to be very lucky who you wreck with because they will only cover someone that's also insured with Allstate
and what are the chances of that happening.

My sister has been an Allstate adjuster for 20+ years and I have helped them when a client's had a problem here in RP. When Allstate (or another U.S. carrier) says they'll cover you up to a certain distance from the border, that only means that they will repair your vehicle if damaged. Depending on the carrier, I've heard that distance can be anything from 50 miles to 100 miles of the border. I've also been call on to help prove that we are within that distance (guess the underwriter didn't have google access).

Remember though that Mexico still requires by law that any foreigner driving here have a valid Mexican insurance policy. If you have the kind of U.S. insurance that will repair your car, then you can get away with buying the cheap little liability coverage, no problem, but do not mistakenly come down without having purchased a policy...preferably from me. I will be writing more about this, but I have decided that from now through the end of this year, I'll donate 10% of every commission I earn through website insurance sales to the Fun Run charities. Those are the Adopt-a-School program and the Youth Sports Foundation. Nothing to do...just buy it online as usual and each month the accounting is done for us by the underwriter. A check for 10% will be issued by the 15th of each month for sales completed in the previous month. So...click the link, click the link...